The plan

I want to thank BloodyRoseWriter for making this amazing cover. It's beautiful and I liked that you included the rocks from the bracelet, thank's sweetie!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I awoke one morning and there was something different in the air; I couldn't say what it was, but there was something I couldn't put my finger on.

It had been some crazy couple of weeks and months and if someone had told me what I was supposed to go through during this last year, I would have told them they were crazy.

"You're father will die and you're gonna move in with a couple of vampire's. Your father's crazy ass friend will try to kill you and you'll have to flee; yeah right!" I mumbled.

"Good morning, carina." Damon mused beside me in bed and I turned to face him with a smile on my face and snuggled closer.

"Good morning, gorgeous." I said to his neck.

He chuckled a bit. "Happy birthday, love."

Ding!

That was it, today was my birthday! I was eighteen and independent. At once I was wide awake and bounced out of bed, but Damon gripped my wrist at the last second.

"Hey, wait a minute, get back here; I'm not done with you just yet." He said and lifted me back.

I was first a bit surprised, but started to giggle as he kissed my neck. When he kissed me for real, the giggling stopped and the passion swept us both away. It had been so long since we had really enjoyed one another. All the chaos around us had took the energy, focus and lust away. It was time to get it back!

After the need for passion had been fulfilled, we snuggled together again.

"I can't wait to get home." I sighed.

"You're not the adventurous kind?" Damon asked with a smirk.

I looked a bit surprised at him again and started to think about it. "Yes, I love a good adventure, but I need roots, to have some sort of base; a home." I said insightful.

"God, you sound old!" He mocked me with an eye-roll.

I laughed. "Yeah, you know what; today I turn eighteen, I can do whatever I want now!" I threatened.

"So, what do you want to do?"

I thought about it. "I wanna go home." I whined.

"Yeah, me too. I hope we can throw you a proper party later."

We got downstairs and Damon announced my birthday to everybody and they came up to hug me and wish me a happy birthday.

Elena got a slightly sad face and told me later how her eighteenth birthday had been, with Stefan on the rampage with Klaus. I thought it was really interesting that Klaus sat in the room in his Tyler-disguise to hear how his actions had affected people, and how they had been during this time.

The weather was warm and we would soon be heading back to Mystic Falls; it was a relief to pack my jacket in the suitcase. At the last moment I put my hand in the pocket. Inside it was the leathery or parchment-like wrapping of the ring and I took it out to throw it away when my eye caught a scribbling.

Carefully I opened it up to find a sketch of my ring and something written in swirly writing. It was hard to read and I might have got a few letters wrong, but when I sat there with the whole thing in front of me I still had no clue.

Whæðere beorht intinga ofercuman thy nieten, beon reccan thy don ne beridan thee.

What did that mean? And what language was it in?