Deal with it

Hello my lovely readers!

Here comes the next chapter, and I hope you like it. Please let me know.

Love, VeGirl.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Perhaps I should have been at least a little depressed or upset about this turn about, but I had been so mad and sad about missing Damon, that I just accepted this without any arguments whatsoever. I was actually giddy.

"So, why can't we go out for a pizza or something?" I whined.

"I don't know if you have missed the part where vampires can't go out into the sun, they get burned!" He was almost yelling the last part.

I held up my hand to show him the Lapis Lazuli ring that Bonnie fixed for me a couple of months ago.

"Are you flipping me off?" He sounded appalled, and I realised I had it on my middle finger; it was apparently sticking up.

"No! I'm sorry; I mean the ring! Bonnie made me a ring the last time I got turned into a vampire." I laughed. "Are you sure it worked this time?"

"Let's just wait until those aspirin has stopped working and your head feels like it's about to explode. Let's see if you're still mocking me then." He glared at me and before I had a chance to defend myself, he continued. "Why aren't you pissed off?"

"Don't you get that I'm so happy to be with you again! I've missed you!" I slid my arms around him and batted my eyelashes at him. "I've missed you!" I whined. "How can I be mad when you're finally here?"

He sighed, smiled and put his arms around me. "Come on, we have one more thing to do, preferably before those pills kick off." He led me out the bedroom door, through a living room and toward a kitchen. He took out two glasses on the worktop and from the fridge he pulled out a blood-bag from which he filled the two glasses.

By now my stomach was clenching and I knew this was a defining moment. He gave me one glass and then he raised his. "Here's to eternity." He cheered.

"Here's to eternity together, you mean." I corrected. "It'll be harder to run from me now..."

He smiled and shook his head. "For eternity together." We clunked our glasses and before we drank he smirked. "You realise that's really, really long, right?"

Surprised I noted that the blood tasted completely different than last time I drank blood and I gulped down the whole thing. I even rinsed out the last drop with my finger and sucked it clean. I drew a deep breath and noted that my canines had grown much longer and sharper.

"Wow!" I said and with huge eyes looked up at Damon who had been watching me intently the whole time.

"Yep, this time it worked!" he said. "When I do something, I do it thoroughly." There was a wolfish grin on his face.

"Smug much?" I lisped due to teeth far too long to form words, and then I held a hand over my mouth with a giggle.

"Very much." He smirked.

We kept looking at each other with the same humoristic challenging expression, while my teeth returned back to their usual size.

"Why aren't you mad at me?" His look changed into a confounded one. "Shouldn't you be cursing and throwing stuff at me, pissed for robbing you of your future; just because I'm a selfish bastard!" The guilt was killing him.

I stroked his cheek for comfort. "I've already been through this, remember?" I showed him my best supportive smile. "I've already done the pro's and con's list, and I choose you. Haven't I told you that before?"