Guy-candy

Lisa met me with a smile, worthy a toothpaste-commercial. "I met a guy." She beamed.

"You did? That's great!" I hugged her, really glad for her sake. "Perhaps you could forget that obsession with Klaus..." I said in a teasing tone.

"Klaus? Please! He is so not my type!" She exclaimed and I just gaped. "This guy is gorgeous! All black hair and brown eyes." Her eyes flickered heavenwards to empathise how handsome he was. "And he's a total babe!"

"Babe?"

"Yes; babe! I think it's an underestimated expression, when it comes to guys like Cole."

"His name is Cole? What is he; like forty?"

"Come on! Damon's older that you! What is he twenty three?"

My mind went blank. I couldn't really say that he was a hundred and fifty years older than me, could I?

"Be happy for me, Em. I'm tired of being the fifth wheel." She whined, and I could really understand that. I could hardly be around Elena and Stefan when Damon and I were on our break.

"I'm sorry Lisa! I'm really glad for you. Now tell me everything!" I managed to master some true enthusiasm.

"Okay, I met him last Saturday when you and Damon left. He bought me a drink and he was so cute! And then we danced and he was such a good dancer!" She went on and on, and all I could think about was the reason we had left. I had such a hunger that I seemed to focus my eyes on every two-legged value-meal that walked by.

The booze had just dulled the craving, but it didn't help much; that had an unsuspected side effect though. I got horny! Luckily that was just the kind of predicaments that Damon seemed to best obliged to help out with, and help out he really did that night...

"Emilia; are you listening?!"

Huh?

"What has happened with you lately, you're unfocused and edgy..." She complained and I thought about what I was supposed to say. "Has all that sex with Damon made your brain shrink?"

Huh?

"You mean the sex has changed me? Yeah, that's probably it." Jeah, right! "So how did you meat this Cole then?"

"He showed up right after you two left, looking all cute and with a British accent to die for." She rolled her eyes again to empathies how cute he really was. "He took me downtown for some club that was super cool."

"And you just followed him, even if you didn't know him?" I couldn't believe her. "You could have been in danger!"

"What, like a rapist?" She said sarcastic.

'No worse, like a vampire' I didn't say it, but I thought it so loud that Edward Cullen would hear it all the way to Forks.

"Cole would never do anything like that! He is just super cute, and then he has that mischievous look in those dark eyes." He said smitten. "Kind of like Damon..."

And now, warning bells started to ring loud.

Why did the name Cole sound so familiar? It sure was an odd name for someone in our age, but Lisa said he was like twenty two or something.

"Stop looking like that! Suddenly you act like you know everybody!" She had this annoyed look on her face. "Just accept that I know a hottie, and you don't."

But I do know a lot of hotties now!

"You've changed since you moved from New York."

I got mad in a flash. "Really? I have changed since I lost both my parents? How odd!" I snapped sarcastically, turned and walked out on her. I heard her call after me, but I had to get away before I snapped and ripped someone apart... someone like my best friend Lisa.