Awakening

I want to thank all of you for your amazingly sweet and encouraging comments. When I posted last chapter I didnt know where this story would lead us, but I felt I couldn't abandone Emilia and Damon. Their story has little by little become to mean a lot to me and I really enjoy playing with them.

So.. here it comes...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I felt giddy as I skipped down to the beach. I was swept up in my father's arms and he made a pirouette, making me laugh out loud. It felt like I was flying.

"Be careful!" my mother yelled, laughing and as soon as I set foot on the sand I ran over and jumped up in her arms.

"Mommy, mommy, did you see me fly?"

My mother laughed. "Yes I saw sweetie!" My mother set me down and my parents took each of my hands and we ran down to the water where the waves came crashing in.

We all laughed and ran out into the cold waves. Still holding my parents hands I ended up in the waves and my head dipped under the water.

Everything went black.

I was all alone and there was nothing but darkness surrounding me. I was no longer under water and I called out for my mother and my father, but they were nowhere to be found.

Suddenly there was something moving in the dark and I felt panic rising. I could hear growling and I turned around and around to see what it was, but it was impossible to see in the dense darkness. I felt a shill along my spine and started to walk away; turning and twisting, not knowing where to go.

My eyes caught a small dot in the distance and I strained my eyes to see what it was; it looked like light.

Oh god, let it be light!

I started to walk toward the small dot far away. The growling sounds in the dark made me keep up the pace and soon I was running.

I ran and ran while it felt like something was chasing me, soon I ran for my life.

My breathing was hard and my lungs felt like they were on fire, but the light at the end of this black tunnel was coming closer and closer and I kept pushing myself to the edge.

In a rush I was out in the light and the burning sensation in my lungs was totally gone, I had no need to pant. Confused I looked around in the light, there was no trace of any darkness, and when I turned around a man stood before me. He had dark hair and piercing blue eyes that glittered with humor and I felt safe and wanted to stay with him.

All of a sudden there were flashes of light and the man disappeared.

In these flashes I could see faces around me; it started with my mother and father and gradually it showed different faces. I recognized Damon and Stefan, Caroline and Elena were there. They all looked very worried and I wanted to know why everybody was so worried.

"Emilia!" I heard. "She's waking up!" the same voice yelled

My eyes fluttered as I slowly opened my eyes; a headache felt as if the bones of my scull suddenly had shrunk and my mouth was dry as paper. I noticed a commotion around me and when my eyelids fluttered up, there were a lot of worried eyes to meet mine. I searched until my eyes found Damon and there I could relax.

"Hey love, how are you?" he asked and I smiled at him, trying hard not to flinch at the pain in my head.

Stefan was on my other side, taking my head in his hands in rather a rough way, looking intently in my eyes. "How are you feeling?"

"Ouch! It would be better if you didn't scream at me!" I barked and flinched as the effort hurt like hell.

I saw Stefan and Damon give each other affirmative and repine looks as I carefully turned my head around and established that I was in Damon's room before I shut my eyes again.