3. Present - Harry

He was sitting beside the window, on his bed, watching it raining outside. The pitter patter sound of the water droplets hitting the ground, calmed his racing heart a bit.

He leaned his head against the cold fogged up glass as he closed his eyes and sighed. He knew he shouldn't have walked away from them like that, again , but he did anyways. He didn't even give Zayn the time to say anything  else, 'cause he walked away from him the next moment their eyes met. From the corner of his eyes, he could see his other 3 friends watching him with shocked eyes, but he still ran away. What would have he told them anyway? He had all the answers for all the questions his three friends had in their eyes but he didn't want to answer them anything. He saw the pleading look in Zayn's eyes, but he couldn't fall for that, again.

He still remembered the day he first saw Zayn. From the very first moment he knew there was something about Zayn that was attracting him towards the golden eyed boy. He knew he should have said 'yes' to his father when he  asked Harry if he had any problem with Zayn living with them from then on after the dinner that day but his stupid self had to agree. He should have not let Zayn take his heart but before he could stop himself, the raven haired boy had already taken it away from him. He was too naive to stop his heart from feeling something more than friendship for his soon to be step brother.

At first when his father said that he wants to marry Trisha Malik, only after 2 weeks of knowing her, Harry thought it was stupid. But he knew, his father needed someone after his mum. She had passed away when Harry was 15. So he didn't say anything to his father at that time and agreed to meet them. Little did he know, that meeting was going to change his whole life.

He was thinking all these things when he felt a motherly hand on his curls. He smiled small knowing who that might be.

"Harry, honey, are you okay?", Barbara asked him in a concerned voice. He released a deep breath he didn't know he was holding and nodded.

"You know you can tell me anything right? I'm like your granny.", She said.

He nodded and patted his side on bed. She sat beside him and he rested his head on her shoulder.

"I know granny, it's just that, I saw him today. I didn't know what to do so I ran away.", He finally said.

"Aw honey.", Barbara said as he caressed his hair and sighed. She knew everything about Harry's life. She knew how hard it was for Harry to face him.

"Come on, cheer up. You don't want him to you like this, do you?", she said smiling, knowing Harry wouldn't be able to say no.

"You know what to say every time. Don't you, you old woman?", laughing Harry said in a teasing voice as he pulled his head up from her shoulder.

"Oh shush it, will ya? Age is just a number young boy and I'm just 55 years old. Still too young to be considered as old.", She said, laughing.

"Haha, sure.", Harry said in a sarcastic tone making her laugh again.

"Okay, now let's go and bake some cake for Raph. You know how much he loves it.", Barbara said as she got up and pulled well, tried to pull Harry up by his wrist.

"See, you are still old.", Harry laughed as they entered the kitchen.

"Oh shush it and help me making the batter."

And just like that, they started their preparations for baking the cake.

*****************
Thank you for all the support you're giving this story. I love you all so much.

There's an inside joke for you SamanthaAMMY ;)

Dedicated to : zarryslovrrr SophonieEugene piggypie213 xliwia HOLYJERRY A_girlwholovetoread :)

Love you all. ♡♡♡