5. Present - Louis

He watched Harry walk away from Zayn, outside the cafe. He frowned when Zayn didn't run after him.

What the hell is wrong with him? He should be running after Harry not standing there like that. He thought.

He was about to get up but Niall eyed him as if to say, just wait. So he did. They stayed seated for what felt like hours when it was only some seconds. They saw as Zayn started walking towards them with a blank face. He then took out his wallet, and placed some money on the table and with a low mumble of "bye" he turned around and walked out of the café.

Niall, Liam and Louis - the three of them sat there in silence for a moment.
"Do you guys think what I am thinking right now?", Liam asked, breaking the silence to which both of them nodded.

"I knew there was something going between them. I knew somewhere in my heart that Zayn was somehow related to Harry's missing and - " "and today we've got the proof " Niall started but Louis ended his sentence.

"Guys.",  Liam started.

"We need to find out.", they stated in unison making the heads of the other people around them, turn to the trio.

"Sorry.", they all mumbled slowly.

"So as we were saying, we need to find out. But how?", Niall said.

"Yeah, that's the problem. We don't even have a clue.", Liam said, rubbing the heal of his palm in his eyes.

"Why fear when Tommo's here?", Louis said smirking. Both Liam and Niall noticed, it was his signature smirk. Which could only mean one thing - something was cooking inside of his head.

"What's the plan?", Niall said, smirking. He knew, Louis' plans always were the great.

"Good question. Let's start then. Come here.", Louis said and motioned the both to lean forward so that he could discuss the plan.

"You guys know Aaron right? Aaron Walters, senior year, captain of the soccer team?", he asked them both to which they both nodded.

"Good. I recently came in contact with him through Facebook and guess what? He runs a private detective company. One of the best in the UK I must say. We can contact him.", Louis said excitedly but frowned when he saw their bored expressions.

"I thought you were better than that Louis. Remember? We had hired a private detective too years ago but got no result. He wasn't even in the--" Liam started but soon his eyes went wide in realization and Louis smirked.

"That's the thing Liam. We couldn't find him 'cause he wasn't in the UK back then but now he is. We, ourselves saw him today. So there's a hope we could get in touch with him.", Louis  said smiling like a goof. Like he had finally solved a mystery.

"But what about Zayn?", Niall chirped in.

"That's something we gotta found ourselves. He's a very private person. He won't tell us anything. We gotta find on our own.", Louis said. Niall and Liam nodded their heads.

"But how?", Liam asked.

"Ask him where he lives so that we all could hang out. Then Niall, you'll take him out saying we forgot the snacks and don't come before an hour. Take as much time as possible and text us before coming back. Me and Liam will start searching the house as soon you guys are gone.", Louis said.

"But this is wrong.", Liam said.

"Oh please Daddy, not now.", Louis said smirking making Liam huff.

"Can't believe you guys have grown up.", Niall said laughing and taking a sip of his coffee.

"Oi, we are not the only one who behaves like children.",Louis said, fake glaring at Niall making him laugh more.

"Oh sure, sure.", Niall said as Louis huffed more.

"Aww. Is little Loueeh angwy? Sworry baby.", Niall said in a baby voice  and Louis blushed hearing the old nickname coming out from his ex-boyfriend's mouth.

"Uh, um..sorry.", Niall said. His face now red in embarrassment.

"It's okay.", Louis said in a small voice and to hide his blush, he took a sip from his ordered beverage.

"Uhm, so it's decided right? Who gonna call Zayn?",  Liam said breaking the silence.

"Me.", Louis volunteered.

he took out his phone and called Zayn. After sometimes of saying how much he missed their old times and hging out together, Zayn finally agreed to hang out with them at his place.

"Soooo..???", Niall started.

"Mission 'Find The Zarry Truth' starts from today.",  Louis said as he placed his one hand on the table.

"Yes, bring it on.",Niall said as he placed his one hand on Louis'

"Bring it on.", Liam too said, placing his hands on top of Niall's.

None of them noticed the light blush behind Louis' mischievous smile nor did Louis notice how ever so lightly Niall had wrapped his fingers around his palm. And Liam didn't hear the loud beating of the heart of his two best friends.

Niall and Louis.

************
So today's exam was better than I had expected. I have 5 more exams and then I'm totally free. Yay.

Any suggestions?