13. Present - Meeting

They stood there in silence for what seemed like hours when in reality it was only some seconds. Both of then were confused as to why the other one was there, then it clicked to Harry. Zayn was Raphael's friend. He mentally ordered himself to calm down but couldn't help but notice how good Zayn looked now. He quietly took in zayn’s appearance. He was wearing a light blue skinny jeans with a white Rolling Stones t-shirt. Harry smiled to himself.

Something never changes. He thought.

****
“What is favourite band Zaynie?”, Harry asked while laying in their bed, looking at the sky from the window.

“Rolling Stones. What about you?”, Zayn asked as he pulled Harry more close to him. He too looked at the sky. It was calming.

“Same”, Harry said as he felt his eyes getting heavier. Zayn could feel himself drifting off to sleep too.

“Sleep Hazza. Goodnight.”, Zayn said as he closed his eyes.

“yes. Goodnight Zaynie.”, Harry replied, following by a soft yawn aftterwards.

“But you owe me the lunch tomorrow. You lost the game.” He turned around lazily so that now he was facing now a sleeping Zayn and snuggled more close to his warm chest.

"Sure thing , Temple Run champion.”, Zayn chuckled lightly at his adorableness, his eyes still closed. “now sleep. It’s getting late and we have school tomorrow. Goodnight haz.” He said as he wrapped his arms around Harry protectively.

“Night Zaynie”

****

“So you’re Raphael’s friend?”, Harry asked although he knew the answer by now.

“y-Yeah. But what ar-“, his words cut short when Raphael came at the doorstep.

“Zayn” He said quietly. “you finally came.”, Raphael said, sounding sad and Zayn would be lying if he said, he didn’t feel guilty.

He knelt down in front of him so he was eye level with him before he said, “I’m so sorry champ. I would have arrived earlier but I wanted to give you this” . He said as he took out a big tub of ice cream from the bag and gave it to Raph who’s eyes went wide. Harry noticed only now that he was holding a bag all this time.

“Choco chip mint!!!! How do you know it’s my favourite?”, Raphael asked excitedly and Zayn smiled warmly.

It was his favourite flavour too. He didn’t know why he had chosen that flavor, he just did. He wondered how many more things he had in common with this boy.

“I just know”, Zayn shrugged.

“Thank you.”

Harry was watching all these in awe.

Like father, like son, he thought.

“Um, guys, it’s cold out there. Come in, dinner is ready. Raph, go and put that ice-cream in the fridge, please?”, deciding to break he moment, Harry said. He didn’t know why but he was happy seeing Zayn with Raphael. Maybe deep in his heart, he wanted them to meet.

Both of them nodded and Zayn got up from his kneeling position. Raphael ran towards the kitchen with he ice cream tub as both Zayn and Harry watched him with a smile on their faces.

“Come in.”, Harry motioned for Zayn to enter the house and Zayn did, quietly.

Harry locked the door and turned around only to find Zayn looking around the house.