12. Present - Friend?

"Hey bud!", Harry smiled when his son approached him, walking through the school gates. He knelt down in front of him so that he was now eye level with his son.

"Hey Dad.", Raphael said in a small voice. He was kind of sad. It had been 14 days since he joined the new school and still, he had made no friends. Not that he had any in his previous school either but he still felt bad.

"Come here.", Harry whispered as he opened his arms. Raphael happily hugged him. He loved his daddy's hugs. It was calming and soothing.

"Everything's gonna be okay bud.", He whispered. He loved his son but he was worried for him. Worried that his quietness would not let him make any friends or that will cause other people to bully him when he will grow up. He absolutely did not want the later. He had seen how bad people treated the ones who were quiet, nerdy or not straight in his school. That was the main reason he, Niall and Louis had to hide their sexuality for the whole school year. He didn't want that for Raphael. He wanted his son to enjoy his school years and smile.

"How about we go to the house first then we can call that person whom you befriended at the park that day?", He asked, smiling.

"Really? Can I?", Raphael asked breaking the hug then looking at his dad with a dimpled smile.

"Yes.", poking his dimples, Harry said.

"You are the best, dad. I love you", Raphael said, kissing his cheek making a dimple poke out on Harry's cheek as well.

"I love you too bud. Now let's go.", Harry said, as he got up and boy, did his knees hurt for a while?

He did not like his son talking to strangers, but this one seemed harmful. He remembered how his son was so happy after coming from the park, that he made at last one friend that day. That though he was older than him, but he still had fun talking to him. Yeah, Harry was astonished at first hearing the name of this 'friend' but there are thousands of people with the same name in this world, right?

****
"Hey, um, this is Raphael. You remember? We met at park that day?", Raphael asked on the phone shyly. Harry had given him his phone so he can talk to this friend of his and went off to the kitchen to make the dinner.

"Hey champ. Of course I remember. Why didn't you call me earlier? I hoped you would.", Zayn said from the other side of the phone and Raph could sense the sadness in his voice. Suddenly, he felt sad for not calling him earlier.

"Sorry. Um, is it okay if I talk to you now? If you are busy then it's ok-" Raph was cut off by Zayn's laughter.

"I am not busy champ. Of course we can talk. You are my friend now."

"I-I am your friend?", Raph was shocked. He considered Zayn as his friend, but he didn't expect anyone to think him of their friend.

"Of course champ. Um, don't you think of me as your friend?", Zayn's voice sounded hurt.

"You are my friend. My only friend actually.", Raphael mumbled the last part.

"That's an honour then." Zayn said, and Raph could picture him smiling "Hey, wanna play 20 questions?", Zayn asked after some seconds, excited.

"Aren't you too old to play that?",Raph asked teasingly making Zayn chuckle. "But of course, why not?"

And they started playing that game, getting to know each other by their favourite colour, food etc. From a far, Harry was watching these all while cooking the dinner. He was smiling seeing his son happy.

"Um, Dad, can Zayn come tonight for the dinner?", Raph asked, well, yelled to his father from the living room. He knew his father loved to cook for people. Besides, he, himself wanted to meet Zayn again. He's such a fun guy and he wanted to talk to him in person and show him all the comic books his father had brought him.

Harry nodded in a 'yes' and Raph was grinning like a fool.

"Yes, he said yes.", Raph said dramatically as if the love of his life just said yes to marry him and Zayn couldn't stop laughing. So much, that his stomach hurt. Raph was giggling hearing Zayn laugh so much.

"Oh my God, that was hilarious.", still laughing, Zayn said.

"Okay, now note down ny address", he said, giggling.

"Oh-ohkay. I'll be there in some minutes. Your house is not far away from mines",Zayn said between catching his breath from all the laughing. He was glad, he was able to note down the address correctly even between of him laughing so hard.

"Okay, see you later." And with that Raph hung up, still giggling.

***

"Raph, come bud, help me set up the table.", Harry called him from downstairs. It's been 20minutes since their phone call and Harry was excited to meet this friend of his son.

"Coming, dad", he heard Raph yelling from upstairs, and in some minutes, he was helping Harry setting up the table.

"You finished your homework?", Harry asked while placing the plates neatly on the table.

"Yeah, Dad. There was not much today, and it was easy too. Here, take your salad.", Raph said handing Harry the plate of Salad, showing him his dimpled smile.

"Good. I'm so proud of you." Harry placed the salad on the table and leaned down a little to place a kiss on his hair. He considered himself a lucky dad. He never had to worry about Raph not doing his homework, because well, he's good at studies, loved doing his homework and the best thing was, Mathematics was his favourite subject as well. Just like him and his other father.

*ding dong*

"It must be your friend. Bud, could you please go and open the door? I need to bring the spaghetti from the kitchen.", Harry asked his son politely but his son hesitated.

"Um, could you open the door dad? Um..I - I", Raph stammered but Harry was quick to kneel down and hug him.

"Hey, hey..hush, it's okay bub. I'll open the door. No need to get scared, daddy's here.", He assured him while rubbing his back. He knew, his son didn't like to meet new people and that didn't help him understand how his son was able to talk to this guy that day, who was a complete stranger.

"Okay. I'll bring the water.", Raph said, breaking the hug.

"Thank you dad. I love you.",he said, kissing his cheek.

"Love you too.", Harry said, kissing his cheek as well and getting up.

He put on a smiley face as he walked towards the door. He had prepared himself not to focus on the guy's name and do it for his son's happiness. Yeah, so what if this guy's name matches the name of his son's father. There's many people out there in the world with the same name, right?

Smiling, he took a deep breath and opened the door but his smile instantly vanished when he saw him. He looked up at Harry and both of them froze the moment his eyes met his.

He finally understood what they mean when they say, small world.

"Zayn.", he whispered.

"H-Harry?"

****************
I am so sorry I couldn't update yesterday :(

Love you all. xxx