20. Promises

"Hey bud.", Harry whispered softly as he placed a soft kiss on Raphael's hand he was holding.

"I-I am so happy you are okay.", he whispered as he looked at Raphael's sleeping figure.

"I.. I am sorry bud. I couldn't keep my promise to keep you safe.", a tear dropped from Harry's eyes on the back of Raphael's hands.

"I love you so much bud."

"I know, I have never told you who your other father is, but now I am telling you bud...", Harry whispered before taking a deep breath.

"It..It's Zayn. The Zayn you call your friend? It's him.", He said, though he knew Raph couldn't hear him. But he still wanted to tell his son about Zayn. He didn't know why.

When Harry had returned to the hospital from the park, Liam said that the doctor had informed them about Raphael's condition and that he was okay now. Though, it'll take him a whole day to gain consciousness. Harry was happy to know that his son was okay. And his friends were happy to see their little Hazz smiling genuinely for the first time after they met him. They had insisted to stay with him in the hospital, but Harry said that he'll be there and there's no need for them to stay, also that, they could come the next day to see Raph. So with a heavy heart and a tight group hug, they left.

But the thing that seemed unusual to Harry, was, there was no trace of Zayn. He was glad that his friend's did ask him where Zayn was, he didn't know how he would answer their questions, yet.

"I..I hope you are not angry with me bub. I didn't want him to hurt you like he did to me. I wanted to tell him. I we-went to tell him about you th-that ni-night...b-but..." and he let the tears fall freely from his eyes.

***
"Mr. Styles, congratulations, you are 1 and a half weeks pregnant.", the doctor said smiling, unaware of mixed feelings Harry was going through at that moment.

"Here are some prenatal vitamins, it would help with your morning sickness as well as in the baby's growth.",The doctor said, handing him the prescription.

"Uh, th-thanks.", Harry said, forcing a smile on his face and then silently left the chamber.

It had been a week since he had been throwing up in the mornings. He was feeling sick and also, his tummy was aching. He didn't tell anyone about this though. Not even Zayn knew about his morning sickness, because well, he was never home after that night they made love.

That morning, after waking up when Zayn saw the divorce papers in Harry's hands, he just told him to sign it so that he could file it as soon as possible. Harry didn't say anything after that. He was confused. He thought, after last night, Zayn would accept the fact that they liked each other, that they'd tell their parents about their secret marriage and then maybe their parents would understand and call off the marriage? He knew, it was selfish of him for wishing his dad to call off the marriage, but he had already fallen hard for Zayn and he didn't want to let him go. So, to say, he was confused as to why Zayn still wanted the divorce, would be an understatement.

After that day, Zayn had became distant than ever. He was never home. He'd always come home around 11 P.M. and leave before Harry would wake up. Even in the school he would always find excuses to stay away from Harry and that hurt Harry to no end. He thought, their marriage was finally going somewhere.

It was the day before graduation and he had already threw up two times in the morning. He already had a strong feeling in his guts, what it could be. So to confirm his doubts, he went to the doctors this afternoon. He didn't have to inform anything to Zayn or his father because, well, his father was again at Trisha's place to discuss something important and Zayn, as far he knew, he was helping Ellie at her place for the party she was throwing that night.