Chapter 10

It's my first winter in the bunker with Sam and Dean and Christmas was drawing near. Well by near I mean about 20 days away.

"Hey guys, I've got an idea!" I said to the brothers. Sam was doing some research on his laptop and Dean was cleaning one of his guns.

"What?" Sam asked.

"We should do some Christmassy stuff! The three of us, egg nog, hot chocolate, a tree, carols..."

Dean gave me an "are you kidding me" look. "Why?"

"It'll be fun!" I exclaimed.

"We don't do Christmas, hun." Dean said. "We haven't for a while."

"You know, Blaze's right. We haven't celebrated a holiday in a while or had any fun. We should." As Dean shook his head Sam and I both put on a puppy dog face and looked at him.

"Fine," Dean gave in. "But we don't even know any Christmas songs or anything so Carols are out."

"I'll teach you," I said with a smile. Dean didn't say anything. "I'll wash the Impala every other day for a month. Inside and out." I added.

"FRANNIE THE SNOWMAN WAS A JAM FILLED HAPPY..." Dean started singing. I couldn't help but crack up.

"It's frosty, not Frannie!" Sam said to Dean.

"Bitch," Dean replied.

"Jerk," Sam retorted.

"GUYS!" I said, between laughs. "Repeat after me: FROSTY the snowman was a JOLLY, HAPPY, SOUL! With a corncob pipe and a button nose, and two eyes made out of coal."

The two looked at each other and start singing.

"Frosty the snowman was a jolly, happy, soul. With a-" They trailed off.

"Corncob pipe and a button nose," I sang. "and two eyes made out of coal." I made them go through that line a few times before they could continue.

"Frosty the snowman, was a fairy tale they say. He was made of snow, but the children know, how he came to life one day."

"What is this? A Doctor Who episode? How is this about Christmas?" Dean asked.

I facepalmed for a moment then continued teaching the boys. They didn't interrupt again until the end.

"Frosty the snowman had to hurry on his way, but he said goodbye, and don't you cry, I'll be back again some day."

"So he dies?" Sam asked.

"No, no he doesn't die. He melts and gets rebuilt the next year."

"How is this even a Christmas song?" Dean asked.

Sitting back in my chair, I realize it's going to be very hard to teach these boys anything normal.

"How 'bout I teach you 'Baby it's cold outside'? I've got the song on my iPod so I can play it to you first!" I said excitedly. "I've got a whole Christmas album! We can listen to it all!"

"If we must." Dean replied.

I went to get a glass to put my iPod in.

"What's the glass for?" Sam asked.

"To magnify the sound." I answered. "Do you have any old pieces of paper that you don't want anymore?"

"Yeah, why?" Sam asked.

"To make paper chains!" I replied.

"What's a paper chain?" Dean asked, with a confused look on his face.

"Chains, made out of paper." I answered simply. "Ooh! And snowflakes!"

Dean and I sat down and the table while Sam went to get old documents to cut up and some glue sticks.

"So what you do is you cut the paper into long strips, like this." I instructed, showing them how. "Then you stick them together it a circle and loop another circle through."

"That's seems easy enough." Dean had a go and made a loop.

"And while we do this, we can listen/sing to Christmas songs!" I said as I pressed play on my iPod.

"I don't want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need. I don't care about the presents, underneath the Christmas tree. I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know. Make my wish come truuuuue. Baby all I want for Christmas is yooooou!" I sang along.

It was nice to feel like I had a family again. I had felt quite isolated and lonely added my father died and for the first few months living with Sam and Dean but the care and kindness they had shown towards me was remarkable. I was so lucky to find more people, besides my family, who could make me feel like I belong.

"Well I wish it could be Christmas every daay! When the kids start singing and the band begins to plaaay!" I kept singing.

I just hoped that, one day, they didn't decide they didn't want me anymore and throw me out. I don't know what I'd do without these guys. I know I won't find anymore people who care for me let alone out up with me.

"You alright there, Blaze?" Dean snapped me out of my thoughts. "You stopped singing mid chorus."

"Oh yeah. Just thinking." I replied.

"About what?" Sam asked.

"Just how nice it is to have a family again. And I hope you guys don't get bored and leave me."

They both looked at me, shocked. "We would never do that, honestly. You've become part of our family and family means nobody gets left behind-"

"Or forgotten." I cut Dean off.

Sam gave me a sympathetic smile. "Hey how 'bout you teach us that song now?"

"Oh yeah." I smiled and switched the song. "Just listen to it first and try to memorise the guy part."

*TIME SKIP-2 HOURS LATER*

"Right, you ready?" I asked. "Remember, alternate lines."

We had been rehearsing the song for ages whitest making paper chains and snowflakes, then putting them up around the bunker. It looked great and now it was time for our final show.

"3...2...1..." I count down to the song. (I'm normal, Dean is bold and Sam is italics)

"I really can't stay - Baby it's cold outside
I've got to go away - Baby it's cold outside
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice

My mother will start to worry - Beautiful, what's your hurry?
Father will be pacing the floor - Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry - Beautiful, please don't hurry
Maybe just a half a drink more - Put some records on while I pour

The neighbors might think - Baby, it's bad out there
Say, what's in this drink? - No cabs to be had out there
I wish I knew how - Your eyes are like starlight now
To break this spell - I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell

I ought to say no, no, no - Mind if I move in closer?
At least I'm gonna say that I tried - What's the sense in hurting my pride?
I really can't stay - Baby don't hold out
Ah, but it's cold outside

I've got to get home - Oh, baby, you'll freeze out there
Say, lend me your coat - It's up to your knees out there
You've really been grand - Thrill when you touch my hair
Why don't you see - How can you do this thing to me?

There's bound to be talk tomorrow - Think of my life long sorrow
At least there will be plenty implied - If you caught pneumonia and died
I really can't stay - Get over that hold out

Ah, but it's cold outside
Oh, baby, it's cold outside {all three
Oh, baby, it's cold outside"

"You know what guys, I think I'm really gonna enjoy living with my new family."