Chapter 26

The air was putrid, tainted with the smell of dead animals, rather unsettling burning herbs, and smoke. Dean, Sam, Cas and I had the Wicked Bitch of the East trapped with no where to run. She locked eyes with each and every one of us, her hand raised and ready to attack if we tried anything.

"For God's sake! You Winchesters and Angel and whoever the hell you are-" She spat angrily, turning frantically as the four of us began to circle her."You think you can just go around killing anything and everything you come across!"

"We do?" I questioned in mock disbelief. "Sister, you were the one who just offed your husband not even five minutes ago! And not to mention the three others this past week!"

"That was different! They were repulsive people! They were rude, liars, and deceitful!" She cried out, her voice venomous rather than dejected.

"Well you just described the four of us! Maybe you should kill us too!" I exclaimed, earning forewarned glances from each man.

"Gladly!" She grinned maliciously, her fingers spread wide, hand positioned in that of the likes of a giant felines paw. I was flung across the room, landing against the wall with an intense force that sent my head spinning. My vision was blurry, my footing similar to a new born deer's when I tried standing up.

One shot rang out and as my sight became clear again, I found her on the floor, pent up against a bookshelf, her hand covered in blood from the festering wound in her abdomen.

Cas came to your aid, acting as my crutch while leading me to the two brothers watching the turtle speed death of the woman.

"What's she saying?" I interrogated, looking down to her lips which were moving at an ungodly speed. Her breathing was labored and her chest collapsed with each exhale.

"I don't know... It's creepy." Dean mumbled, his disgust clearly visible, voice holding no sense of empathy as she expelled her last breath. Sam bent down, his fingers indenting the side of her neck, his single nod giving you assurance that she was in fact dead.

My hand fumbled for the phone in my pocket, silently cursing yourself for wearing such tight jeans. My fingers were soon dialing the three numbers and in a matter of seconds I was speaking in a frenzy, giving my anonymous tip to the operator on the other line.

"Well, let's get the hell out of here before the cops show." Dean spoke, me stuffing my phone back in my pocket, leaning against Cas with Dean on my other side and Sam trailing behind as we headed for the Impala.

-~-~-~-~-~

Spoonful after spoonful, I scooped the floating bits of cereal from the bowl, scraping the last remaining oat before I placed it in the sink, glass meeting steel with a metallic clink. I walked out of the kitchen, opting to wash it later although I was sure Sam was going to get to it before I would.

I made my way down the halls and to the library, sitting at the table and opening my current book of choice, the Bunker silent as the boys slept.

I had been home for about two days now, still with no explanation as to what the witch had murmured with her last breaths. I had tried forgetting about it, concluding that she was just delirious with her soon to be passing.

Footsteps approached, pulling me from my book. I set the used binding down, looking in the direction of the sound, and waiting for the body to appear. Instead of the expected manly stature that would have belonged to one of the boys, a woman appeared, her pixie hair frayed in different directions.

"Hey." She cocked her head in my direction, my face pulling together in confusion as she walked to the coffee pot set up a few feet away, pouring herself a cup, sitting down and propping her feet up as if she actually belonged here.