Chapter 12

Flappy bird

SAM'S POV

I walked to my room after brushing my teeth and I realised Blaze's bedroom light was still on. It was late, what could she be doing at this hour?

"Blaze?" I called out.

"Holy shh-"

"What was that?" I asked.

"Nothing." She shrugged. "You made me jump."

"What are you doing?"

"Playing Flappy Bird."

"Flappy what? I asked.

"Flappy bird." She stated again. "It's this really addictive game." She explained.

"Oh." I said in realisation as I walked over to her bedside to have a look. There was a tiny yellow bird flying between tubes.

"You wanna go?" She asked me.

"Yeah sure, looks easy enough." She giggled at my comment.

*TIME SKIP - 40 MINUTES LATER*

"God dammit!!" This game is so frustrating! I've been playing for ages and my high score is 4 where Blaze has 87.

"I think you've had enough of that now Sam." Blaze said, taking her iPod from me.

"Just one more go!" I pleaded.

"You said that ten minutes ago!" She retorted.

I huffed.

"Hey, watch this."

Blaze clutched a pillow and silently walked into the great room of the bunker.

Dean sat at the big table, taking bites from a slice of pie she had made earlier that night. He pushed back from the table and his chair scraped against the ground. Blaze winced. He took the empty plate he had been eating from, and walked it to the kitchen.

Blaze dashed after Dean, careful to not make a noise.

"Sammy," called Dean from the kitchen. He set the plate in sink and ran water over it. "I think I'm done for the night. I'm gonna hit the hay."

Blaze came up behind him, holding the pillow over her head, and with all her might, she smacked him in the back with it. He slowly turned around, wearing a perfect deadpan expression. Her eyes widened, and she looked like she wondered if she'd just made a horrible mistake, but then Dean's mouth split into a grin.

He lunged for her and Blaze squealed, scrambling away from his outstretched hands. I ran to get a pillow of my own, and knocked Dean in the side with it.

My brother swiveled, and shoved me back, ripping the pillow out of my grasp. Blaze hit Dean with her pillow again, and he whirled around to face her, a spark in his eyes. She screamed as Dean charged after her, pillow raised high. My booming laughter echoed off the walls, and Dean and Blaze were laughing, too.

Taking turns whopping each other with pillows, feathers floated around the room, covering the floor. Dean surged forward, trapping Blaze in a corner, and beat her with the pillow, feathers flying in all directions.

"Ow! Ow!" she whined, but she was laughing, and Dean didn't stop.

Kevin opened the door of his room sleepily, stepping out and taking in the scene of feathers everywhere and Dean pounding Blaze with a pillow.

"What's going on?" he asked, and took a few more steps away from the threshold of his bedroom. His hair was tousled, and you could see the dark shadows under his eyes from a mile away.

Coming out of nowhere with a pillow held high over my head, I let out a warrior's cry, aiming for the prophet. Kevin yelped and took off running, me after him.

BLAZE'S POV

My side hurt from laughing so hard, but I didn't care. All I heard was Sam chasing Kevin, and Dean's beautiful laughter, and I loved it.

Risking a look up, I saw Dean's wide smile, and I wished he would do it more often. The pillow came down hard on my face, and I was knocked to the ground, but I was laughing harder than I had in a long time.

Crouching beside me, concern evident, but still with slight amusement, Dean asked if I was okay.

"Oh, yeah," I replied, holding her cheek. For once, there was no sarcasm in my tone, and Dean broke into a grin again. "I'm fine." And I was.

Dean pulled back and whopped me again. There was a groan coming from another room, and then a crash, and the sound of a pillow hitting something repeatedly, and Sam's snicker. Both me and Dean started laughing all over again and I didn't want this to ever stop.