Chapter 29

BLAZE'S POV

I awoke a few hours later, at around 3:00pm, and wondered into the library to find a red haired girl sitting in between Samantha and Deanna. I didn't recognise her so if she wasn't sitting in the home of the only men in my life that I trusted, my first instinct would be to go for the holy water.

The red haired girl was talking with great enthusiasm to Dean about Star Trek while Sam lightly laughed and rolled his eyes. They hadn't noticed my arrival. As glamorous as I looked in Sam's ginormous shirt that fell halfway down my thighs, concealing my underwear, somehow my high quality outfit went unnoticed. I cleared my throat to announce my arrival and all three of them looked up with a smile.

"Hey! I'm Charlie, Charlie Bradbury." The red haired girl said, excitedly. "You must be Blaze!"

"Oh, hello. Yes that's me." I replied, slightly baffled. "Hi Charlie."

"I was passing through the area so I thought I'd drop by and wish you a happy birthday! These two have told me some great things about you." She smirked, nodding her head to Sam and Dean. "Deanna, especially."

Dean eyes widened and his cheeks went crimson. "Did not." He protested.

"Ha please! He's been going on non-stop about how you're cute but weirdly dangerous and how brave you are and how yo-" Charlie began rambling.

"Hey, Charlie. You want some cake?" Sam cut her off.

"Nah, I really should get going. I'm late for a convention. I'll just give Blaze this and go." She handed me a large, well wrapped gift and skipped out the door. "Peace out bitches!"

"What is it?" Dean asked.

"A giraffe." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Open it!" Dean ordered excitedly.

"Actually I was thinking about just leaving it wrapped and unopened." I said sarcastically again.

"Cut the crap." Dean said.

I opened it, much to Deanna's excitement, and found a computer video game called World of Warcraft and a notebook that said 'A Beginners Guide to Hacking' on the front. Written by Charlie Bradbury. "Cool!" I exclaimed.

"Let's see." Sam requested. I put the gifts on the table and turned them to face Sam and Dean. Dean snatched them both up before Sam could see them but to Sam's protests, he didn't put them down.

It was a pain having to put up with the constant bickering of the brothers. Still, it was great that they spent the day celebrating with you. They'd stopped arguing for almost half and hour.

"Hey guys?" I called out. No answer. They were too caught up in their play fight. "I'm gonna take the presents to my room." I said, taking the presents that had been laid back on the table while the boys fought.

I opened the door to my bedroom but came to an abrupt halt when I saw a unfamiliar man standing by the desk.

He looked up from some documents on the desk he had been reading through, and his eyes fell on me instantly. His lips twisted into a small smile that actually held some affection.

"Evening, darling", he greeted me, his thick accent and husky voice washing over me like angel's music, "Come on in, I've been waiting for you."

I opened my mouth to call for Sam and Dean but the man interrupted me.

"You might not want to do that. Dean will get too protective of you and will probably try and kill me." He said in a tired voice. "I'm a... friend of your boys'. My names Crowley. King of Hell."

Slowly, I entered my room and warily closed the door behind me. Just because he said he's they're friend, doesn't mean I should trust him. He's the king of hell. I decided to try and play it cool.

"What are you doing here?", I asked in a neutral tone I was very thankful for. No need to sound accusing.

Crowley raised one eyebrow. "It's your birthday, sweetheart. Who am I to miss that event and not congratulate you on having managed to survive another year with dim and dimmer." I couldn't help but snort. I assumed these were nicknames for Dean and Sam.

"How did you get in?", I asked instead, focusing on the pressing matters, "This place is warded."

This time it is Crowley who scoffed. "Yeah, against your average baddie demon. But me? I know a lot of swell tricks, sweetheart, and really have no trouble getting in here." The smile he displayed showed how smug and satisfied with himself he is about that. Usually I dislike any form of arrogance, but damn, this Crowley guy makes even a narcissistic streak seem like a funny personality trait.

"Alright", I did not intend for my sigh to sound just that resigned. Why should it, after all I wasn't entirely against Crowley stopping by. "I guess I won't get more out of you on that matter."

"You guessed right, cupcake", he grinned, "But I'll tell you something else instead." He waited until he had my full and undivided attention. "Happy birthday", he said, simply and produced a huge black box, with holes in it, out of nowhere.

Stunned, I took the gift without a word. Not only congratulations from the king of hell, but also a birthday present? Wow, doesn't that make me feel all special?

"Uh, thank you", I said a little late, but Crowley only smirked.

With a sense of trepidation, I carefully lifted the top of the box to peek inside. It appeared to be empty but I'd swear it is way too heavy for that. I held the box closer up to my eyes for inspection, when I felt it. A hot, wet breath tickled my cheek, but before I could try to rub it off, something cold and wet slurped over the same spot. It felt like a tongue, and it tickled. I giggled and look questioningly at Crowley. He tried to hide a fond smile - unsuccessfully - and snaps his fingers. I looked into the box again, and I could see it. I squealed in delight before I could stop myself. It is a small, black fur ball. "Is that-?"

Crowley nods, smiling. "Yeah. You always wanted a dog, right?"

It's my turn to nod. I put the box down on my bed to get a hold of the little animal picked it up. I marvelled at how incredibly adorably this hellish creature was looking at me. I cuddled it against my chest.

"You're perfect, little one", I sighed happily. I still had that stupid smile on my face when I looked at Crowley, but I didn't care. I was too happy for that. "Thank you, Crowley." It was sincere. Absolutely. No one had ever given me a puppy before.

"You're welcome, darling." Crowley smiled at my obvious joy. "It's a hellhound puppy, and currently you're the only human who can see him", he snaps his fingers again, "There, fixed that. Might make things easier with the Hardi boys when they can see him. This little bugger is one of my own breeding line. The best of the best, though this boy may not show that much viciousness. Comes all down to the training, really. But don't worry, he's tough. Hellhounds are born to survive. You can go on a hunt for a week without a problem. He'll manage absolutely fine."

My smile was wider than ever before. Really, this was absolutely perfect. Carefully, I set my new hellhound puppy down on the floor and crossed the space between Crowley and myself to pull him into a bone-crushing hug. "Thank you so much. What shall I call him?"

I feel how a single small laugh vibrates through his body before he returns the hug fondly. "How about Ammo?"

"Ammo's perfect!" I smiled.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart."