Chapter 23

I woke up to the sound of what seemed like an eternal beeping noise and white lights, white was everything I noticed when my eyes slowly fluttered open. I looked down at yourself in a white hospital gown, with scratches, burns and patches canvased across my arms and legs. Machines were connected everywhere to me, causing a slight panic.

I slowly brought my eyes to the body next to me, and quickly recognized that it was Dean sitting at my bed side. He himself had scratches and burns on his arms, but not as bad as mine were. His face was buried in his hands, but I couldn't tell if he was exhausted or if he was crying.

"D...Dean?" I stammered.

Dean's face immediately rose, and my thoughts were answered. He was crying. Tears were already streaming down his eyes as soon as I looked at him. His eyes were puffy and he had bags under his eyes, making me frown.

"Blaze, thank god." He sighed in relief, reaching over and grabbing my hand. He lightly intertwined his fingers with mine, bringing our interlocked hands up to his lips and kissing my hand. He left my hand there, feeling my skin, running his fingers over my bones.

"Are...are you okay?" You whispered.

He let out a dry chuckle and answered. "You're the one that's been unconscious for three days, and you're wondering if I'm okay?"

"Three... days?"

"Yeah." He sadly said, wiping his face of tears. "You broke a rib and had to get stiches all over your body, baby. You're practically a walking bandage."

I looked down with wide eyes at my patched up rib, to see that it was indeed broken.

"Where's Sam?" I asked.

"He's in the cafeteria. He's not dealing very well with this... situation. I'm...I'm so sorry, Blaze. If I hadn't left you alone in the first place, this never would have happened." Dean started crying again, avoiding eye contact with me.

I shook my head. "Dean, no."

"Blaze, please. I should be the one lying unconscious for days, I should be the one who's hurting, and I should be the one in your position right now."

"Dean," I said, searching for his eyes. "I'm alive, alright? Everything's going to be okay."

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you died." He continued. "Without telling you what was going on? If I had told you, you would be more aware of what's happening and might even be able to defend yourself. Baby, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You are the only reason that I get up in the morning, you're the only girl alone that I would take a bullet for. If that was the last thing I said to you...I-"

"Dean, it's okay." I were crying now, almost as bad as he was.

"No, it's not. I love you." He said for the first time. "I love you, so god damn much that it hurts. I'm so sorry baby girl."

I was speechless. Dean was right before me, sobbing into my hand and saying he loved me. I reached my fingers up and caressed his cheek, reassuring him that everything was okay.

"Dean." I repeated. He looked up at me with many emotions mixed in his eyes. I slowly moved your body over towards him and reached my arms out for a hug. He hesitantly stood up and wrapped his arms around me, making sure not to tug at anything connected to me.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered into my hair, kissing my forehead. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Dean. Everything's going to be okay."

After every tear dried out, our hands still interlocked together, Sam walked into my room. He looked a mess. His hair was shaggy, he had a thick line of stubble across his chin and he had dark circles under his eyes. God, he looked terrible.