Deadly Temptation (2)

"Cut!"

Janessa sighed as her director— some new hotshot fresh from film school, stopped filming right in the middle of her scene. She had spent hours rehearsing her lines so that she wouldn't forget them.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I'm not feeling it." He told her.

They were in the middle of shooting the first set of scenes for that day and she barely got a word in when he kept yelling cut.

"Not feeling what?"

He gestured between she and her co-star. "The chemistry. I need a little more flirting."

Janessa rolled her eyes.

It had been a few weeks since she got the part and she tried her best to juggle between showing up for promotional tours and interviews for the first movie and trying to make it on time to her table reads for this movie.

"I thought she was fine." Her co-star, Henry, who was a tall, British actor with shaggy brown hair that hid his brown eyes said to the director.

"Who's the director here?" He snapped at them.

"Whatever." Janessa mumbled before getting back into character.

She had barely gotten her first line out when Charlie— the director— yelled cut again. Frustrated, she threw up her hands and walked off the set. There was no way she could continue doing this when Charlie found a fault with everything she did.

"Hey, slow down!" She heard Henry's voice say before she felt his hand close around her elbow. "Please, don't go." He pleaded.

"I'm not leaving... yet." She sighed and turned to face him.

"He's an arse, don't let it get to you." His accent came out in thick waves and she envied him.

"Let's just get it over with."

_______________________

After she finally got her longest scene down for that day, Janessa grabbed her things and was ready to leave when Henry knocked on her open dressing room door. He stood there with his hands in the pockets of his jeans and a satisfied look on his face.

That look could be the result of two things, Janessa thought. It was either the fact that they just did their first kissing scene or it could be because later on in the evening they were set to film the first love scene.

Or it could be neither... but she highly doubted it.

"What's up?" She asked as she shrugged on her jacket.

"I was thinking of getting Chinese take out. You're welcomed to join." He smiled down at her.

"Listen, Henry." She sighed as he rested himself on the frame of her door. "I don't believe in dating my co-stars."

"Well that's good then. I wasn't asking you on a date." He smirked at her.

Well...

"Yeah, Chinese sounds great." She mumbled before walking ahead of him down the hall with a very satisfied Henry tagging along behind her.

_____________________

Keith stuffed his hands in the pockets of his pants before peering down at the city lights below him. It was a habit he found himself doing every time he felt stressed or needed some time to think. Whether it was day or night, the view was beautiful and it soothed him to stare at it for hours.