Deadly Temptation (6)

"Hello, sweetheart." He breathed.

Janessa fought the urge to smile at his handsome face. There was something different about him now; he seemed a little more carefree than before if that's possible. He came all the way up to the glass separating them—pressing his large hands against them.

She took a deep breath.

How do you confront your ex-boyfriend who got another girl pregnant while you were still together... then tried to kidnap you after killing said pregnant girl?

You just don't... yet, Janessa was here. Willing to talk.

"I knew you would come." He smiled at her.

She remained quiet; too afraid to say the wrong thing. Her breathing shortened and the memories of their encounter right before he knocked her out came rushing back.

"I'm so glad to see you, baby. You have no idea how much I miss you," he pressed his forehead against the glass and exhaled— fogging up that specific spot.

He then drew a little heart in the fog and smiled again.

"You almost killed me, Reese. Do you understand that?"

"Kill you? Baby, I would never hurt you. I told you that."

"But you did." She insisted.

Just as she thought he was about to snap, he grinned instead. "I love you, Janessa. Why would I hurt you?" He then shook his head as if she was crazy.

"Do you remember what happened, Reese?"

"Of course," he inhaled and smiled.

What kind of medication was he on? She wondered.

"I just wanted to spend time with you. My uncle had a beach house that I was going to take you to. You would have loved it, baby."

Janessa couldn't stand there and listen anymore so she nodded and walked away from him.

The memory of her last visit ran through her mind as she walked down the hallway again—leading up to his cell. This time however, she was sent down another hallway after passing his old cell.

His room was bigger this time but he was still behind a thick glass wall. It definitely made her feel safer. She feared that because of the upgraded accommodations and the increased outdoor time he obtained meant that he was on good behaviour and would be let out soon.

She had to prevent that. Somehow.

Just like the last time, he didn't register her presence right away. Reese was doing swift push ups and she would be lying if she didn't find him sexy doing that.

He suddenly stopped and looked up. Seeing Janessa, a grin spread across his face and he shot up to his feet with ease. Coming closer to the glass, he grabbed a small towel to wipe his face and neck. His ripped torso was now glistening with sweat and Janessa forgot what she came for.