Deadly Temptation (4)

It couldn't be Reese, she thought to herself. Reese was in solitary confinement. She had called the institution every month to ask how he was doing. To make sure he wasn't released—as Kimmy had promised.

At first they didn't want to give out that information but after she pleaded and convinced them she just wanted to know of his wellbeing and not much else, the receptionist agreed and kept her in the loop.

So it definitely wasn't Reese.

So who could it be?

Kimmy?

No, that bitch had more important things on her mind right now. That left no one for Janessa to consider. Maybe it was an obsessed fan, she thought to herself.

Yeah, like that justifies the personal pictures. Her mind argued back and it still didn't make any sense to her.

As she shuffled through the rest of the pictures, she realised they really were personal. They followed her to the studio, the coffee shop, the restaurant from the other night and then they followed her home...

She quickly shut the box and exhaled. This was too much for her to think about right now. She couldn't process what was happening much less to figure out a solution. 

By nightfall, she was showered and dressed for bed when her phone began vibrating on her night stand. She quickly answered when she saw that it was Maria.

"Hey, Maria."

"Get dressed, I'm taking you out tonight." She rapidly spoke.

"I had a really long day..."

"I don't care. We're going out. Be there in fifteen." She hung up and Janessa sighed.

It was going to be a long night too...

_____________________

Bolting upright in bed, Keith took deep breaths as a strange feeling came over him. He glanced at the clock on his nightstand and saw that it was around two in the morning. He then felt movement beside and turned to see Kimmy rolling over in his bed.

Keith leaned back on his headboard and sighed. Since he agreed to go through with the wedding, things had gotten better with Kimmy. She was still annoying but she knew to shut her mouth when it came time to fuck.

—And that's all it was between them. The sex. The need to express their sexual frustrations on one another, wishing it were someone else.

He quietly made his way into the kitchen to see Tori by the breakfast island with a glass of water between her hands.

"Hey, kid. What's got you up so late?" He asked while grabbing a glass and pouring whiskey from a bottle he stored in one of the cupboards.

"Couldn't sleep. Got this weird feeling inside my chest."

His hands froze while pouring and he set the bottle down before turning around. "Like you got a building resting on your heart?"

Her eyes rose to meet his and she frowned. "Exactly like that. How did you know?"

"Because that's what woke me up." He brought the glass to his lips and threw the whiskey down his throat.

"What does that mean?"

He roughly exhaled. "Can't be anything good."

And he was right, the next morning his phone rang and as the eldest child, he got the fortune of being informed that his mother had overdosed and passed away in her house. Carter, however, was nowhere to be found.