Deadly Temptation (22)

"I want the show room to be big and open. The stage at the front facing the crowd. I want small booths or cubicles— whatever you wanna call 'em —set up in a way that you're getting 1920's vibes." Keith said over the phone while sifting through the paperwork to acquire the license to operate a casino and hotel.

Things were progressing faster than he had originally planned and now he was stuck playing catch up. The last few days have been hectic for him. For starters, he could not get a hold on Janessa. Nobody could find her for her birthday and now, three days later, she still wasn't home.

To say he was worried would be an understatement. He always worried about her and he always would. There was just something about her that made him want to protect her... possess her... and make her understand that he just wants what's best for her.

"Got it, boss. Anythin' else you need to be done?" Donald asked him.

"Yes, actually. Who can I speak to about buying a house in Vegas?"

Later that day, Keith was staring down at the city when his assistant informed him that his wife was on her way up. Rolling his eyes— and still not used to her title— he sighed and whirled around to take a seat for whatever it was that she wanted now.

The gossip magazines had done a number on her reputation; saying she must either be pregnant or a mistress as to why they got married so suddenly... and so quietly.

As another gift, Sean had set up an official interview for Kimmy where she would be able to explain her side of the story.

—and by that, they meant the side of the story their PR team conjured up to repair her image.

Kimmy had been reciting the statement almost every night and Keith was going out of his mind.

They no longer slept in the same room— but no one had to know that. They despised each other. What was once love, or strong infatuation, turned out to be smoke and mirrors. Keith cursed himself every night that he managed to screw his entire life up. He made promises that he wasn't sure he could deliver.

He took on responsibilities that he wasn't sure he could carry out.

"The interview went well." Kimmy said as soon as she pushed his doors open. "They ate up everything I told them. I even popped a few tears out. Maybe I should have been the actress." She sneered before taking a seat and crossing her legs.

Those legs used to drive Keith crazy in bed but now, he preferred if she kept them hidden.

"That's good news." He gingerly said, anticipating a lecture from her.

"Don't worry, I painted you to be the most loving husband on earth. You're so supportive and understanding... blah blah blah." She rolled her eyes.

"Good to know." He mumbled.

"Listen, I know you had to get something out of this deal. I understand; my father is very persuasive when he wants to be." She leaned forward. "I'm here to make another deal."

Keith was amused to say the least. "Do tell,"

"I met this guy but he's married. He never had time for me before but now that I'm married, he's been calling my phone and sending me flowers to try and persuade me to have dinner with him." She chewed on her nail and Keith narrowed his eyes. "I want out of this marriage between us."

Kimmy seemed... nervous. Did she actually like this married man?

"He's threatening to leave his wife like I had asked him..."