Deadly Temptation (29)

"What's with this fucking traffic?" Keith exclaimed as he saw the pile up in front of them.

"Morning traffic starts from early these days," Marshall mentioned while honking his horn.

"Unbelievable! At this rate I'll start walking if I have to!"

"Calm down, I know a shortcut," Marshall rolled his eyes and tried to merge into the lane next to him.

"I'm going out of my mind not knowing how she's doing— if she's okay." He sighed.

"I understand, Keith but you need to have some faith. She may have made a stupid decision but she's a smart girl." 

"I know she is but it doesn't stop me from worrying about her. I will always worry about her well-being."

"Who would have thought you'd fall for a girl almost half your age," Marshall chuckled.

Keith smiled a little as he thought about their situation. Their age was definitely a big problem and he didn't know how they would break it to James and Priscilla but he didn't care— they'd figure out a way. He loved her too much to let her go.

"One thing's for sure... I never saw this coming at all,"

_______________________

The sudden scream of fear jolted both Lily and Kimmy awake with a splitting headache. Kimmy could feel a dull ache in the back of her head as if she had been hit there by something. The last thing she remembered was leaving her hotel room to catch her plane to London for a new shoe collection she was working on. 

She had told Keith it was a few weeks and spent the first week cooped up in a hotel room with Phillip. Kimmy remembered taking the stairs because the elevators were full and she was already running late. As soon as she started to descend the stairs, a sharp pain hit her in the back of her head and now she woke up here. 

Both girls looked ahead of them to see Janessa struggling against Reese's grasp. Kimmy's eyes instantly widened as a pinch of fear shot through her. She hadn't seen Reese in months nor did she keep any form of communication with him. She used to visit him at the institution until she realized it wasn't worth it anymore.

Reese used to promise her that he would leave Janessa for her. Back then it was all that she wanted because he was a good fuck and a nice fling to upset her father so that he would hopefully pay more attention to her instead of waving her off with a wad of cash. She also wanted to get back at Janessa for taking her spot. Her father spent more time on the movie set with Janessa and the crew more than his own daughter.

She had refused to believe that Reese was capable of the things he was being accused of— he swore to her that he was innocent. Reese assured her it was just Janessa trying to be a bitch and play the victim card. After that it just seemed fitting that she blamed her for Reese's absence. As silly as it sounded, she started to develop feelings for Reese despite everything. Her father never approved and it drove her to latch onto Reese even more.

That was until she met Phillip, the owner of a small mechanic shop whom she met while her car broke down in a shady part of town. His tow truck was passing by and she shamelessly waved him down. He flirted a little bit but she dismissed the idea because he wasn't her type but as the days passed for her car to be fixed... her walls started to come down and she started to think he was cute and charming— only to find out that he was married.

At first she wanted to end all communication but she decided against it and gave him a shot; a one chance to win her over at dinner and he did. He made her laugh like no one could and he saw underneath all her superficial bullshit. He was her dose of reality— actual reality.