Epilogue

~press play~

______________________

"I still can't believe we're here," Janessa commented as she and Keith slow danced on the dancefloor, surrounded by people she had never met.

Keith chuckled, "Crazy, isn't it?"

"Crazy is an understatement. We're slow dancing at your ex-fiance's wedding. Isn't that just downright weird?"

"Not to me. I'm here dancing with you and Kimmy is having the time of her life... look," he nodded to the front of the room and Janessa stepped back to look.

Kimmy was rocking side to side in her husband's arms with the biggest, most genuine smile on her face. Thinking back to the last few hours, Janessa had to give credit where credit was due. Kimmy was wearing a simple, floor-length white dress with a boat neckline as she stood across from her husband at the altar. Her father, Sean, had walked her down the aisle; despite his declining health.

They had exchanged words that were obviously not written by her PR team. Kimmy had been smiling all day and Janessa had to take a step back to be... happy for her. Since their time in that run-down shack with Reese and Luke, they haven't spoken since— not that they needed to.

"She seems happy,"

"She does," Keith agreed.

Just then, Kimmy saw them and quickly barged through the crowd to get to them. She immediately approached Janessa with a tight hug. It was unsettling at first to know that this person... used to be the bane of Janessa's existence and now they were... hugging.

"I'm so glad you could make it. It really means a lot to me," she said while looking at Janessa and Keith. "This is my husband, Andrew."

"Nice to meet you," Keith extended his hand with a smile. "Congratulations on the nuptials,"

"Thank you," Andrew smiled back. He was obviously older than Kimmy was; if his slightly greying hair had anything to say about it.

—not that Janessa was in a place to judge their age. She was dating a man almost fourteen years older than her.

"Congratulations, Kimmy. I'm truly happy for you." Janessa managed to say to her. It was odd.

"And I'm happy for you. After what you've been through... you deserve happiness and Keith is the perfect person for you. It's clear to everyone." Kimmy grinned at her before pulling her into another hug.

After they were gone, Janessa couldn't help but be lost in her thoughts. How strange was this day?

She was at a wedding where the bride used to sleep with her ex boyfriend... and her current boyfriend!

Not to mention how friendly said boyfriend was with his ex-fiancé. This day was beyond weird.

"Penny for your thoughts," he whispered to her as they continued to slow dance but Janessa was just mindlessly moving, allowing Keith to lead her.

"Should I be worried that you two are such good friends? Because I haven't had any luck in these situations..."

"Is that insecurity I hear?" He teased.

"Answer my question, Keith. I can't take any more surprises."

"No, there is nothing to worry about, baby," he softly ran his index finger down her smooth cheek. "Kimberly and I are friends, yes. All her life she'd been shipped around like an army brat with millions in her bank account to fill the void of having her parents active in her life. She's just like the rest of us— she just wants to feel loved and appreciated."

Janessa looked down then, feeling stupid for even thinking of such things. "I guess I've never thought of that possibility."

"She was very good at hiding it under all that attitude. If you look around his room, none of her so called 'friends' are here. The ones that are married to billionaires and have their children. This reception is in a hotel ballroom—not in Paris or Italy like she originally wanted. She's changed, Janessa." Keith softly said to her as he swayed their bodies back and forth to the song.

"I'm glad it's for the better then,"

"It is. Her father and I came to a mutual agreement where we all got what we wanted."

"And that is?" She looked up at his beautiful green eyes.

"If I can't be her husband and his son-in-law, then the next best bet is her business partner."

"You're going into business with her?"

"More like I'm monitoring her businesses—but Sean still insisted he keep his half of the original agreement."

"By giving you half ownership," Janessa answered for him.

Keith chuckled as he held her close to his body. "Kimmy holds majority of the shares but technically I have to monitor all her decisions so I'm not sure how what you'd call that,"

"A little too close for comfort, that's what I'd call it," she huffed.

"Two years ago, I never thought I'd be in this situation. I'd say I've seen a lot for my age, wouldn't you?" He tried to lighten the mood.

"And what might that be?"

"Well, I became CEO of a company I never thought would hire me... I got my sister out of our old life where she was doing good and then she became a mini porn star... then back to being normal again..." he grimaced as Janessa giggled, "I got engaged... married... then divorced," he said to her and noticed her head turn away to look at the couples at the far end of the room.

"And," he continued, "I met the love of my life who I'm currently holding close because I can't bear the thought of ever letting her go," her head immediately snapped around and his eyes burned into hers.

A small smile tugged at her lips as all her silly insecurities and doubts vanished away. "Sounds like you've had a hard life,"

"How about a vacation then?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"To where?"

"How does Las Vegas sound? I still owe you that trip and I know this new hotel that just went up..." he smiled down at her before their lips met and their souls felt as if they intertwined into one being.

• The End •

_______________________

Thank you so so much for reading!

We have come to the end of our journey and I couldn't have done it without the support from you guys.

What do you think of their story so far????

Should there be a Las Vegas story??? (Short story that is... because let's be real... this took forever!)

*wink wink*

Or the rest can be up to your imaginations!!

Let me know!

Xoxo, Bridgette ❤️