Deadly Temptation (14)

"I'm so sorry that I'll miss your birthday. I'll make it up to you." Henry said as he kissed her forehead.

"Don't worry about it."

They stood outside the airport, saying their goodbyes and hugging it out. Janessa was in no frame of mind to hold a proper conversation but she wanted Henry to leave before she took matters in her own hands. She didn't want him getting hurt.

"I'll call you once I'm settled in, yeah?" He kissed her lips.

"Okay, I'll have an answer for you soon."

"Take your time. I understand now that I put you in a hard place to make a decision on spot and I apologize. Tell me when you're ready, okay?"

"Okay, be safe."

On her way from the airport she took a detour. Whatever was going on, she had to do something about it. The last time she had simply brushed it off as if it never happened but then the memory of Jennifer kickstarted her revenge plan again. Janessa was foolish to think they would get justice for what Reese did. His lawyers used the mental instability to their advantage and now he was free and walking about.

When she pulled up to the mental institution where Reese was admitted, she took a deep breath and left her car. She had to get answers. She needed them.

"Hi there, I had called earlier about meeting Dr. Oliver?" Janessa put on her best smile as she spoke to the receptionist.

"Sure thing, he'll be just a minute if you'd wait over there." The woman pointed towards a few plastic chairs attached to the wall.

Once seated, her right foot began to bounce up and down— a bad habit she had whenever she was nervous. What could this doctor have to say? Would she get actual answers to put her plan in motion?

Firstly, she wanted to know who the hell authorized his release and secondly, she wanted to know how much of their therapy sessions the doctor could divulge. Janessa wanted some insight of what goes on in that boy's mind. Her quick visits didn't do a thing.

"Miss O'Connor?"Her head snapped up as the receptionist called her name. "Dr. Oliver will see you now."

After she collected her visitor's pass, she was escorted to the doctor's office which wasn't that far from the reception area. She knocked twice before the door swung open and an older man stood on the other side. Janessa mentally placed him around mid fifties—maybe early sixties based on his slightly greying hair and the deep laugh lines. What surprised her most of all, however, was that he wasn't some old bald psychiatrist. This man was very handsome for his age— despite the wrinkles and greying hair.

"Dr. Oliver, thank you so much for seeing me—"

"Of course, of course! Come in," he gestured towards his desk, "have a seat."

Once she sat down, her eyes wandered around the office; taking in the many certificates on the wall behind his chair. Two small sculptures stood on his desk and she assumed it was a vague representation of a woman's body. His desk was made of a dark stained wood that added warmth to his office. The walls were an off-white color... or maybe it was more of an egg shell color? She wasn't sure.

"You wanted to discuss a patient of mine?" He said once he sat in his big leather chair.

She noticed his white coat seemed crisp and new with his badge sitting proudly on his left breast plate. Dr. George Oliver, senior psychiatrist. Ward 19.

"Yes, Dr. Oliver, if you don't mind."

George exhaled loudly. "I can't tell you much because that would be a breach in my license but I will say one thing— he always spoke about you."