Deadly Temptation (31)

The little shack was bigger on the inside than Keith thought it would be. On the front was the little dining area which really wasn't that big but behind it... were doors leading to the back of the shack. There were a few rooms on each side and he was quite surprised that the place held so many.

Opening what felt like the fifth door, he once again saw nothing but dirty sand and critters. Closing it, he suddenly heard footsteps coming his way in a hurry.

Bracing himself for a confrontation, he clenched his fists an waited for the person to come around the corner. He half expected it to be Reese but he knew better. That punk wouldn't make as much noise even if he knew someone wasn't coming for Janessa.

Just as he raised his fist in the air, the person came around the corner; still looking behind them. They tripped over their own feet and tumbled right into his chest.

"Kimmy?" He held on to her shoulders to steady her. "What the fuck are you doing here? Are you in on this?" He gently shook her.

"Keith! Oh, thank God. You need to help her, please!" Tears streamed down her face. It was weird to see her like this, he thought.

"Here, take my phone and call the police." He gave her his phone. "Now,"

She nodded and continued running towards the exit.

Turning around, he exhaled and started jogging in the direction Kimmy just came from. He hoped to God that this time he wouldn't be too late.

_________________________

"Fucking kid," Marshall cursed as the ringing stopped. He withdrew his gun from its holster and flipped the safety off.

There weren't a lot of places the kid could hide, considering the place wasn't that big but Marshall knew it would be hard to find him. Turning his flashlight on, he waved it around the place; looking for any doors nearby or even a trapdoor in the sand.

It was then he saw it, a single set of footprints leading towards the... wall?

Inching closer with his flashlight, Marshall couldn't see where he could have gone. There was no secret flap in the wall or anything. The only way for him to go is up...

Quickly flashing his light upwards, he was right as he saw Luke jump from a small ledge near the ceiling. How the hell did he get up there?

Marshall didn't have enough time to think as Luke landed on him and they both hit the floor. This time, Marshall was determined to have the upper hand. They wrestled around in the dirty sand until Marshall had him in a headlock. Luke's hands and feet flailed as he tried to break away but Marshall used his own thighs to clamp down on his feet and keep him steady.

Luke's hand flew to his throat while trying to pry Marshall's arm away from his throat. Squeezing a little tighter, Marshall made sure to hold him in the sleeper hold a little longer until the kid went unconscious.

"Jesus Christ," he exhaled once he released his hold on him.

_________________________

"Get off of me!" Janessa squirmed.

"Now where's the fun in that?" Reese chuckled while trying to pin down her flailing arms.

One of her hands became free and she immediately slapped him as hard as she could. She expected him to get mad but what she didn't expect was for him to return her slap almost twice as hard, snapping her head to the side with a metallic taste in her mouth and a pain in her neck.

"I told you to stop fighting me! When will you fucking learn?"

Tears streamed down her face as she continued to struggle. "That was my mistake the first time. I will never stop fighting you!" She spat the blood in his face.