Deadly Temptation (7)

A few months later

Music pounded through the speakers and the vibrations could be felt through the glassware and the floor beneath them. Strobe lights flickered throughout the room, creating a wave of colored lights across dancing bodies. The popular upbeat songs wafted through the different rooms of the club and Janessa felt out of her league here.

It was her nineteenth birthday and the entire cast and crew insisted they went out to celebrate. Priscilla originally wanted to plan a party for her but lately she's been sick and bedridden— which made Janessa worry deeply for her.

So instead, her friends took her out to a popular nightclub where the music was upbeat and the people were drunk. It really wasn't her scene but they insisted she had fun. So now she was nursing her Ciroc and cranberry juice from the start of the night.

To her left, Lily and Maria were swinging their hips to the music. Ever since she introduced them, the girls hit it off and immediately became friends. Janessa could understand though, since they were both outgoing and bold alike.

To her right, however, was Henry with his arm protectively around her waist. They had agreed to finally go public with their relationship since their movie was in the final stages of filming. The press were spreading rumours and scrutinising just what they were. Now, on her birthday she was going public with Henry and what better place than a nightclub.

"You haven't taken a sip all night." He whispered into her ear.

"I don't really drink," she replied then continued to stare down into the crowd. They were currently upstairs in the VIP room where there was more space and more privacy because of the tinted glass.The music wasn't as loud either.

Henry made a subtle nod to Lily who was watching them. She came closer and whispered into her ear.

"We're gonna go down further into the crowd. We won't be long," she promised before taking Maria's hand and dragging her away before Janessa could reply.

"Great," she mumbled. She was alone with Henry in their little corner booth. He pulled her with him to sit in the booth and move away from the glass.

"You're so tense," he commented as he pulled her closer to him. Her thighs were now brushing his and it made her slightly uncomfortable.

"I'm not used to this,"

"A nightclub?"

"Yeah,"

"Let me make you more comfortable then," he rested his hand on her exposed thigh under the table. The VIP room was dimly lit as the strobe lights went back and forth. Their table was also stacked with bottles of liquor so there was no need for a waitress to come over.

"Don't even think about it," she snapped.

"Oh come on, love. We're supposed to be crazy about each other." He moved his hand a little higher.

"I'm serious, Henry."

"You're horrible at this public affection thing." He muttered.

"No I'm not! I just don't think a nightclub is the right place."

Henry pondered on what she said for a second before he scooted out of the booth and pulled her with him. Before she could start to protest, he was pushing through the big VIP door and making his way towards the exit.

"Henry! Slow down!" She scolded him but he ignored her until they were out in the parking lot.

When she finally protested and dragged her feet, Henry swiftly turned around to throw her over his shoulder and carry on towards his car.