Deadly Temptation (21)

"I don't dance with married men," she spat at him.

"So you've heard," he sighed, "Look it's not what it seems—"

"Really? Because it's exactly what it looks like." She spun around to find him closer than she expected. "You used me for a quick fuck before you ran off and got married. Why even invite me to Vegas? Was that some sick little game to get a quickie before your wedding—"

Keith had to clamp his hand on her mouth. Her words were coming out faster and louder and clearly she didn't care. He also realized she was a lightweight when it came to drinking.

"Give me a chance to explain,"

"Fuck you," She seethed before slipping from the bar stool with the intention of heading straight to her room. To hell with everyone here.

A hand closed around her elbow and pulled her back, "You already did, sweetheart and you loved it. You loved the feel of my cock deep inside of you."

"Are you sick?" She yanked her hand away. "You're married. You don't get to talk to me like that."

"Oh but it was okay when I was engaged instead?"

"Thank you, Keith, for reminding me why I hate you. Go home to your wife," she said to him before storming off— unaware of a few people staring at her and whispering among themselves.

_________________________

The next morning, Janessa landed in the William P. Hobby Airport around ten o'clock in the morning where she hired a cab and got onto the I-45 en route to St. Joseph's Medical Center. The hairs on her arm raised and she knew it was because she was nervous. What would she be like?

Would Reese look like her?

Would she be willing to talk about him?

Her nerves were a mess by the time the cab pulled up into the parking of the Medical Center. She paid the driver and got out, staring up at the building. Taking a deep breath, she walked forward towards the entrance. It was now or never.

Once she got inside she took a seat in the waiting room, trying to gather her thoughts before she asked for Marie Lewis. What were her questions going to be?

Hi, I'm your nephews ex— the one he tried to kill two years ago and now he's free from the looney bin, do you have a minute to talk about why he's crazy?

Yeah that sounds great. Not.

Deciding that her ideas were not getting any better, she approached the information desk and asked for Marie.

"And who's looking for her exactly?" The receptionist raised an eyebrow.

"I'm a friend. It's about her nephew."

Both eyebrows were raised now. "Marie has family? Everyone here knows that she's a loner. Never married, never had children... hell she doesn't even have family members that she talks about."

"I take it she hasn't been here long? I'm coming all the way from LA where her family comes from."

"Well, alright. I'm not supposed to give out personal information but you seem like a nice girl. Marie usually works the late shifts and spends her days volunteering at an elderly home. She's such a nice lady, you know? Always polite and keeps to herself." The receptionist babbled on.

I wonder why...

"She's always busy too. Half the time you can't even stop her long enough to say good morning!" She shook her head.