Deadly Temptation (13)

"We are going out tonight!" Lily had screamed into the phone that Janessa had to pull it away from her ear. "Bitch I haven't seen you in months!"

"I know! I've been busy."

"Well we should go clubbing tonight!" Her perky friend screeched again.

"I don't think that's a good idea..."

That night, Lily stayed true to her word and showed up at Janessa's house, bag in hand, ready to sexify her friend for the club. She had barged inside as if she had lived there and headed straight for her room. Janessa sighed and followed behind her; knowing that she couldn't argue with her crazy red-headed friend.

"I have the perfect dress for you," she said while rummaging through her bag.

"I have some dresses of my own—"

"Oh, trust me, you don't have this dress." Lily smirked as she pulled out a red bustier short dress with thin straps.

"Are you crazy? James would never let me leave in that thing!"

"That's why I also brought this," she paired the figure hugging dress with a fitted white blazer.

"That is gorgeous," Janessa admired the match and tried to picture herself in it.

"Put on some white or nude heels and let's hit the road!" Lily, however, was dressed in a long sleeved, black crop top and a grey skirt that hugged her tiny waist.

Elevate Lounge, located twenty-one floors above the streets of downtown LA, was considered one of the more sleek and stylish nightclubs to go to. With their panoramic view of the LA skyline, it was deemed an unforgettable experience— according to Lily.

Lily had assured Janessa that she had booked a table and she knew the bouncer well so they wouldn't have to wait too long in line. Downtown LA at night was truly a sight. Janessa had almost forgotten what LA night life was like. It was full of life and light. She stared up at the tall buildings whose light added to the ambiance of the city as they drove by.

They came to a stoplight right by the Staples Center when Lily turned to her. "You know, I would think it's your first time in LA with the way you're 'oooing' and 'aahhing' all over the place."

Janessa blushed. "I didn't realise I was doing that. It's just that it's been so long since I've been out like a normal person."

"Well, you deserve a night out to be yourself and let loose."

Janessa could only laugh and shake her head. There was no 'letting loose' in her book. Not for tonight anyway. Once they pulled up to the lounge, Lily paid for the valet service and they rode the elevator up. The doors then opened and Janessa immediately felt the air conditioning send a chill down her exposed back. Lily had insisted that she left the blazer in the car as she said, "it's hiding waay too much skin! Girl I need to see some boobs out," to which Janessa cringed as she took it off.

She hated feeling so exposed but the appreciated looks that were sent in her direction as Lily pulled her up to the front of the line made her feel a little less self-conscious. The bouncer gave her a quick hug and let them through.

"He's dating my sister!" She justified once they entered the lounge.

Janessa was instantly hit with how spacious and organized the place looked. White couches and tables lined the glass wall that overlooked the city below while the bar stood on the other side as blue lights illuminated the entire place from the ceiling. The dance floor was already crowded with people as they bobbed and weaved through the crowd until they got to a glass door leading out onto a balcony.