Deadly Temptation (23)

"It's been hard on us being in the media but he's so supportive and understanding. We originally didn't want a big wedding. At the end of the day we only needed each other to make it happen."

Janessa scowled while watching Kimmy's interview, sitting on her couch in her pajamas with a cup of coffee in hand. The whole thing was a load of bullshit. They were both full of shit, actually.

How perfect, she thought, Keith and Kimberly Evans. How sickly sweet, their names even matched.

Suddenly, Janessa started to compare herself with Kimmy. On TV, she was perfectly made up with a brown matte, smokey eyed makeup and a bright red lipstick to draw all attention to her plump lips— fillers no doubt.

She wore a black pencil skirt with a stark white blouse tucked in to accentuate her figure. She despised Kimmy and it went so much further than just Keith and Reese. The first acting role she got, which was produced by Kimmy's father, was originally meant for Kimmy. Upon realizing that she was a terrible actress, Sean Henderson decided to open auditions.

Kimberly Henderson instantly hated her and Janessa didn't understand why at the time. Since then, she's been spreading rumors about her and tried to sabotage her relationship with Reese. Now it just so happened that they were both involved with the same man. Again.

Shaking her head, she decided that she had more important matters at hand such as finding out exactly who Stanley Douglas was. Lately, she had been having dreams where she would be face to face with Reese and he would taunt her.

He would tell her how much of a coward she was that she couldn't face him. He would tell her how much of a slut she was for sleeping with Keith and Henry and sometimes... sometimes she would wake up believing him. It was disturbing how much of an impact he still had on her. After all this time, she was still scared and still naive at the same time.

Suddenly, her phone rang and distracted her from her thoughts.

"You need to turn your TV on TMZ right now!" Lily screamed into her ear once she answered.

"Why?"

"Just do it!"

Sighing, she flipped the channels until she settled on TMZ. Putting her coffee mug down, she leaned back into the couch and got comfy with Lily still on the phone with her.

"Is this about me? Because I can explain that whole Houston thing—"

"Shh! Just watch!" Lily shushed her as the pictures started to pop up on the screen.

Pictures of Henry kissing another woman— or women to be exact. There were pictures of him on a yacht in Italy sucking face with a woman then there was another of him kissing an actress while walking through a park.

"What the fuck—" Janessa said while leaning forward.

"I just can't believe it! This guy has completely switched from being the perfect boyfriend in that stupid teen movie to a player running through Europe like a horny teenager." One of the girls on the show commented while shaking her head. The other men burst into laughter while she continued to scowl. "I'm being serious! I can't even imagine what his girlfriend back in the States must feel like. Have they broken up or what?"

"No one has gotten a statement from her team yet. I'd give it a day or two before she starts to spill the juicy stuff."  The host, Harvey Levin said while chuckling.

"—and to think I used to love this garbage." Lily's voice finally broke through the spell that had fallen over Janessa.

"Huh?"