Deadly Temptation (18)

"What do you mean you were pushed?"

"I remember making it to the top of the stairs but I didn't lose my grip and fall nor did I trip. I know myself. I would never put myself or this baby in danger if I felt like I couldn't make it up the stairs." Priscilla firmly gripped Janessa's arm.

"There was no nurse when I got there."

"Do you think she's the one that pushed me?"

"I'm calling the agency right now," James said while taking out his phone and tapping on the screen.

"Once we find her then we'll know for sure." Janessa tried to soothe her.

Why would the nurse push her?

It didn't make any sense to Janessa. It would have to mean that the nurse waited until the perfect moment to try and kill Priscilla and the baby—but why?

She excused herself to get some food from the hospitals cafeteria while checking her phone at the same time. She saw that she had a few missed calls from Keith and mentally cursed. She had completely forgotten to call and cancel with him.

Calling him back, she swore again as there was answer. She called him again and still no response. Was he upset or something?

She then decided to send him a text instead.

Sorry I missed your call, something happened with Priscilla and the baby. Call me when you can xx

It was slightly surreal to message him and feel absolutely comfortable doing so. It felt right; almost as if she had been doing it for years.

The smile on her face slipped off once she saw Henry's name pop up on FaceTime. Her finger hovered over the answer button as she debated whether or not to answer.

In the end, she owed him as much.

"Hey Henry," she smiled as his face appeared.

"How are you love? I'm so sorry that I haven't called but I have great news, I got the part! You are looking at the next TV King Arthur." He grinned at her.

"That's great! I'm so happy for you, baby!"

"Are you in a hospital?"

"Uh, yes. Priscilla had the baby."

"Aww that's amazing but why the long face?" He frowned.

"She had some complications. I'm sure you'll see it in the tabloids soon but she fell and had to be rushed here." She made sure to leave out the part about potentially being pushed.

"Are you fucking serious? I can't even imagine."

"Trust me, you don't want to imagine. Anyway, how's everything going?" She tried to put on a smile on her face.

"Great, actually. I'm on set right now filming the pilot episode and I just thought I'd let you know."

"Thank you for thinking about me. It's been quite hectic around here too."

Pictures of her and Keith flashed just then and she had to shut her eyes and send them away.

"That's so great to hear. I miss you so much, darling. Call me often okay?"

"Okay I will. Get back to filming and we'll talk later."

Once off the phone, she walked back to the room to see James holding his wife's hand while arguing with someone on the phone. Priscilla had fallen asleep but still kept her hand in his. Janessa sat in the chair by the window and thought about what she had to do. She wasted enough time having fun. Her family was in danger and she couldn't be naive anymore.