Chapter 6

Chapter 6

“Ned?” I asked after I heard someone pick up the call on the other side.

“Yea… I was waiting for your call” He said like a chirpy bird upon hearing my voice.

“Yeah.. hi.. I feel horrible” I moaned my voice still hoarse from all the crying.

“Did you just cry?” He asked his voice dropping to a deadly silence.

“Yeah I can’t make the feeling go away” I burst out into tears once again.

“Hey hey baby…. Alex I’ coming right now to meet you. We will go somewhere awesome to sit, I promise you will feel better!! ” He said hoping I would agree.

“I – I don’t know… I’m not sure” I spoke with a huge frown wrinkling my face.

“I. am. Coming. Alex. Be ready at the gate in 20 minutes” He ordered and then cut the call.

Once Ned had decided something and hung up he would make sure it happened and I know that from experience.

I pushed myself off my bed and grabbed my black over coat. I didn’t really feel like changing so I just wore my new blue boots and walked out of my room and walked down the stairs.

Penilop had caught me on the way out the door but when I ensured her I was going to be with Ned she nodded and let me continue my way to the gate.

I trotted down the pebble road taking one step at a time and reached the gate waiting impatiently for Ned to arrive.

 I was about to flip my cell open when I heard a bike zoom in and stop with a screech outside the gates.

I carefully opened the golden gate that was shining brightly due to the moon and got off the premises and walked up to Ned’s bike.

“Hi” I said in a sad voice and Ned looked at me with worried eyes.

“Hop on dear” He said while he held the Bugatti’s gear.

I slowly squirmed my body and got on behind him and settled myself comfortably on his empty seat.

“Hold on tight” He warned like always and I twisted my arms around his waist and rested my face on his back feeling a little happy that he was there to cheer me up.

“Where are we going?” I asked trying my best not let any tear slip through my eyes.

“Somewhere where I can hold you tight and be there for you as your best friend” Ned spoke softly and then I let the noise of the engine and swift strong whirls of the wind take over my thinking.

I had immediately known where Ned would take me after he said a place I can be there for you as my best friend, “The River” I whispered smiling at little and hugging him tighter.

I could feel his lips wrinkle into a grin.

It didn’t take long. Within 20 minutes we had reached the place.

“The River” was actually a small river that flowed through a plain golf field near Ned’s palace. He was lucky to have a river flow through his area as it was an excellent place to think and calm down at.

We got off the bike and went and sat near the bank of the river sitting very close to each other. Ned put both his arms around me and he forced my head to rest on his chest and to stop the tears that were still flowing.

“Alex stop crying. It’s okay. Normal school is going to be okay. I’ll come with you so it will all be fine!” He exclaimed patting my head and calming me down.

“No I told father I’ll do it on my own. I’ll manage alone” I groaned regretting my decision.

“Oh… why would you say that?” Ned questioned looking crossed at me.

“I wanted to make daddy proud. I wanted him to feel like I can do something on my own once atleast” I said looking at him and pouting.

“AH ALEX DON’T POUT!” He exclaimed hugging me tight and laughing out loud.

I began laughing along with him too and I couldn’t stop laughing for the next 10 minutes.

Once we were done laughing we began to talk again…

“You know I don’t like change” I groaned and complained to Ned.

“I know Alex but there will always come a point where you will have to grow up and experience change even if you have to face it alone.” He said still holding me in his arms.

“Change is scary. Change is bad” I complained looking at the way the river peacefully flowed on its own.

“Sometimes it might be good and maybe you might even never want to go back to your old life too” Ned explained me.

“I highly doubt that I want a normal life with a normal guy” I said rolling my eyes.

“Alex… I’ll always be there for you when you need me. You don’t have to be sacred. I’m there for you… but I believe you are growing up and have taken the right decision to do this on your own. I’m proud of you” he said taking my hand in his.

Many people would believe that Ned loved me and I loved him, very easily but it wasn’t what it looked like. We were best friends since we were probably born and being this way was a true way of showing how much we loved each other like brothers and sisters and didn’t matter what others thought… this was the only way we would feel better when we were sad and this was the only way we would comfort ourselves.

We sat there for an hour more and then Ned said it was time he had to drop me home.

While we stood on the gate Ned said, “Do you know how much I love looking at you in that teddy bear Jamie’s?” He asked making me blush a little.

“Why are you being so nice to me?” I asked wondering why was he behaving a little weirder today.

“Oh sorry if I was freaking you out. I just feel a little different than I’ve felt before whenever I’m around you so… excuse me for that” He said looking away.

“What Ned are you pms’ing?” I asked laughing out loud.

“No I’m NOT! He snapped back and that made both of us laugh like crazy.

“Oh well I got to get going now. I need to look presentable tomorrow while I shift away from home.” I said frowning again.

“Oh… your father told you about that huh?” He said scratching his head and smiling at me.

“Yeah and I cried a river of my own before I called you” I said speechless.

He hugged me tight and then told me to go sleep.

And so just the way I had walked out of my room to the pebbled street towards the gate, the same way I got back….

I landed on my bed and just crumpled myself under the sheets and shut my eyes falling into deep sleep…

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 next chappy soon