Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Alex's , P.o.V

I struggled to get some sleep. I tossed and turned my body impatiently and trying to squeeze my eyes hard and get a good afternoons rest before checking out the nearby places.

“Dam it” I groaned moving my hands over the pink silk sheets to find my cell phone.

I suddenly felt something vibrating under my butt and realised it was my cell ringing and I swiftly found it under, picking it up and pressing the accept button.

“Alex” Ned shouted almost in a worried tone.

“NED!” I answered trying to imitate his tone.

“Lol what are you doing?” He asked ashamed of freaking out for me.

“Trying to get some sleep but I can’t, anyways I was just going to call you before but you already did.” I sighed looking at the ceiling.

“So yeah how’s the new place… are you fitting into it?” He asked hoping I would probably say yes.

“It’s fine. I will get used to it after a while” I said keeping my hopes up.

“Well that’s good!!” Ned said happy for what I just told him.

“Yeah what about your place?” I asked turning myself and looking outside the window that was above my bed.

I saw a beautiful park outside where many people were taking their walks and some enjoying a good afternoon out, some boys and girls were together like in couples sitting and talking and I also spotted some dogs being taken out for their regular walks...

Ned mumbled about his place and how much he liked it there and the way the girls seemed to be much more down to earth and his type. I nodded my head even though I knew he couldn’t see it and then let my eyes wander out of my window.

“I’m happy you’re happy Ned” I said smiling to myself.

“So what else?” he asked casually..

“I have an obnoxious hot neighbour with the same eyes as the guys who I banged into at the ball” I said coming back to reality.

“Oh… I don’t think a prince will stay in the same building as you… do you think it’s him?” He asked waiting for a quick reply.

“Umm...I…I don’t really know” I hesitated but then said, “I doubt it it’s him!” I exclaimed confirming about it.

I sat there talking for hours with Ned and then finally he had to leave so we said our goodbyes and he left.

I looked around examining my room when suddenly the doorbell rang.

I quickly ran down the stairs to the entrance hall and peeked into the tiny see through hole my dad had always taught me to do whenever I travelled.

It was a lady wearing a grey frock with a white apron around her waist. She had a maid’s hat on her forehead and it seemed like she was a worker.

I swiftly unlocked the door and opened it wide. She entered inside bowing down to me. Dear princess, I’m your assigned maid to cook and clean for you by your father. I’m sorry I’m late I got stuck up in some work.

“Oh!” I exclaimed and then asked, “What’s your name?”

“Martha” she said smiling at me.

She was a cute fat lady who seemed to be pretty nice. She let herself in after I allowed her too and ran into the kitchen to maybe cook some dinner.

I followed her to the kitchen and she seemed to have already settled herself in.

“I will be working from the morning to the time you will dismiss me madam” She said holding both her hands in front of her.

“Oh alright, well Martha can you cook me some dinner while I got take a look at the park outside?” I asked already watching her begin cooking.

“Ofcourse Madam!” She said getting to her work.

I ran up into my new room, opened the tiny closet and took out a black scarf and a thick coat. I wore my brown boots and combed my hair leaving them open and then walked down to the exit door.

I took one look behind and then opened the front door and shut it standing straight opposite a glass door where that guy was in there. Doing god knows what.

I had to pass the glass door and then catch the staircase which was right next to the door.

I ran down as fast as I could.

I left the building swiftly crossing the road and walking towards the park.

As I made my way there I smelt the most amazing coffee brewing outside a café.

I couldn’t help but follow the scent and entered into the café. Looking at how full it was I guessed it was an excellent place to have some coffee.

“ELLO Princess” a sweet Mexican fellow said in a weird accent standing at the counter behind a glassed showcase of delicious looking baked good.

“Ello!”  I laughed back.

“DO ya want something, we’ve got plenty of GOOOD STuef  er!” he smiled.

“I want some of that yummy coffee that I could smell from miles away” I said hoping he got what I wanted.

“Ah yes our hazel nut cappuccino!” he said quickly typing into some electronic thingy and then a printed paper came out.

“That will be 3$” Miss he said waiting for me to pay.

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?” I blurted out surprised at the price that he just gave me.

“Yes Madam, why is it too munch?” He asked his accent changing again confusing me where he was from.

“No… IT’S TOO LITTLE!!” I burst out in laughter and took out a 100$ bill that I had stuffed in my coats pocket.

“Mama MIA!” He said looking at how much money I had and then frowned at me, “ I have no change!” He sighed looking sad.

“Oh that’s not a problem! Keep the change!! Maintain a credit account of mine. I’ll be coming here often!” I winked and waited for him to smile again.

“I’m Dan and now you aer my favarite customar!” He said putting the money away.

I sat in one of the empty booths and waited for my coffee to arrive. It didn’t take more than 2 minutes and my coffee was here.

I looked at the beautiful leaf that was designed floating above my coffee and just didn’t feel like ruining it because it’s looked just amazing.

“Sip it! It tastes more amazing then it looks like” Dan laughed behind the counter waiting for me to take a sip.

I picked up the tiny white cup and placed it on my lips. I closed my eyes trying to take in the smell and then took a sip.

“OH MY FUCKING GOD!” I shouted at watching Dan laugh in a hysterical way…

“I LOVE IT!!” I said taking in some more sips and almost finishing it off.

“I knew it!” He said winking at me and getting back to work.

I ordered for 2 more after that and kept on drinking the cappuccino till I was almost full.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 vote and comment :D

next chapter soon