White Miracle

White wall, white light, white hands, white clothes. If not because the alcohol and antibiotics smell that lingering in the room, Yuki would thought that this surely must be a heaven.

" Hello, how do you feel, Tokio-chan? "
Asked the masked man with green cape--well, almost everyone wore the same uniform anyway.

" I feel like shit. But a good one. "
She thought, doesn't even give a damn anymore about everything.

In the end she just smiled faintly at the surgeon with tired eyes that gradually darkened her vision.

" The anesthetic will reacting soon, don't worry alright? "

Once again, Yuki smiled at him.

After that, the doctor left Yuki for awhile to prepare the surgery. Before Yuki's eye lid completly blocked her vision, she shifted her gaze to the guy beside her. A bright crimson strands of hair still could be seen from the sidelines of his cape. Oxygen mask put on his face, there a steam of his breath taint the surface. Just by the sight of a clouded oxygen mask, Yuki feel relieved already, knowing his chest go up and down.

" It's... getting cloudy... huh? Ah... I feel so... tired... "

" If only... after this surgery... I will wake up from this nightmare... "
Yuki's eyes getting heavier as time passing slowly.

"...See...you...later, Sei-kun. "
The slight light in front of her--laying on the bed beside her-- she really loved how it looks, if nothing else, she's swear it's true.

.

.

.

Waiting and crossing their finger, are the only role that Kaede and Masaomi can do right now. Waiting in restlessness, feel like just took their life by few years. Even so, there's really nothing they can do right now.

" Kaede, it's alright. The surgery will definitely going to be a success. "
Masaomi soothed the old friend beside him.

" Yes... yes... it has to... thank you, Masaomi. I pray for Seijurou-kun's health as well. "

" ...Yes... thank you, Kaede. Now that I think about it... when Shiori was on her bed sickly like these times, I was so relieved that I have Seijurou. I can rely on him to stay by his mother and protect her heart, while me... I'm just a failure... both as a husband and father. "
Masaomi still can smiled although  grimly, realizing how pathetic his role are.

The word realizing just now, was probably a lie. Perhaps, he knew already that his role as a father had long gone in his son's eyes. And yet, he keep chanting to himself that it's the right thing to do while closing his eyes to the distant scenery.

" You were searching help for your wife, desperately... "
Mumbled Kaede still looking down, although her eyes softened now.

" How do you--"

" We both--me and Takuto-- knew about it, Masaomi. Who do you think we are? "
Kaede smiled smugly with dark circles under her eyes. 

" You... just didn't know, Masaomi. "

" About what? "
Masaomi asked, furrowed his eyebrow a little.

" Takuto... often talked about you before. About how hard headed and troubling you were. "
She chuckled.

" Heh, is that so? "

" Yes, how you like being so strict and getting misunderstood by people around you. How you always looked at your people from distance while not letting them know your protection. How you always covered your pain under those fancy suit. "
Kaede smiled as she closed her eyes as in reminiscing her times with her late dear husband.