Remorse

People say, saying sorry won't change much. But is that the reason for one to become reluctant to say sorry? It's true it won't change the situation much, but it will affect both parties. The one that apologize will be forced to see how badly he or she had hurt the victim. And the victim will see how sincere that person's apologize is.

It will show a new perspective in their eyes.

Akashi, standing straight a few meters behind Yuki--who is too scared to look back-- he couldn't helped it but to raised his voice a little.

" Yuki... "
He said her name for the fourth times now.

Indeed, there's no reply from Yuki, but there's response from her. She being silently standing before him, as if waiting for something, is already a response to Akashi.

How could Akashi not glad even though he's​ treated like this. For everything he had done to her, this is already a huge relief than what he had thought.

" If... If I speak the truth to you now, will you think this as an excuse only? "

No reply from Yuki.

" I don't wish for your forgiveness... But will you listen to me? "

Still as silent as before.

Akashi smiled hopelessly at himself. His eyes glimpse with hope for a moment, but it quickly die out when he realized how ignorant of him to think that way.

" It is and was my fault. The past me, I can't protect you and left you alone like that. I made you worried sick, cried, and to the point... That i destroyed your... Throne. "
He bites his lips at the end of his words and clenched his fist hardly.

" But that's not all... Just when I thought that nightmare is over, I found myself that I can't wake up from it. "

Yuki who hear this metaphor, flinched a little bit, reacting to those impossible thought in her mind. But it's not impossible it seems.

" Yuki... "
Akashi called out. A tone of grim, grief, anger, and guilty, mixed altogether in one voice.

" I can't...I can not...Remember any of our past...Not even your smile... Your glory... Or everything that related to you and your family. I... I...! "
He was huffing so much from the anger that backfired to himself. But when he opened his eyes straight to the front, the scenery still the same.

Only the silence envelope them.

At that time, Akashi admit it himself, how he wish so bad that Yuki would turn back for him. Looking back at the pitiful him. Carving for her affection like a spoiled kid he never had.

But the reality ... The scenery before him is so bitter that he bite his lips. Intended to hold the tears that getting hot in his eyes, but to no avail. He regret everything that he had done to Yuki. Before he lose his memory with her, and after he listened to those nightmare.

" I...I've lost you again, isn't it? I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm so so sorry... Yuki... I'm not the one... Who you loved anymore... "
And thus, those hard burden in his eyes that filled with mixing misery, finally left out his red orbs.

He bowed 90 degrees to her, sliding off his pride and arrogance he has. For this girl that has been looking forward all these times, not even flinched with his words, he will do anything for that girl.

That angel that lose her heaven.
.

.

.
Or that's what she thought.

Still crying pathetically--or at least that's how he felt-- he clenched his fist so hard as if ready to fight anytime. In truth, he just done fighting with himself.

It's over. He thought many times. Replying it again and again that it sounds almost like a shameful chant.

He couldn't bare himself to opened his eyes. This is the first time for him to feel so humiliated and scared at the same time because of himself. Not anyone's fault, but purely because how he felt about it.

Perhaps he was too concerned about his loud heartbeat and droplets of tears dropped to the asphalt. He didn't hear or even recognize that... A sounds of footsteps are stopping right in front of him.

Yuki.

She's crying.

Not from the time Akashi confessed how he lost his memories...

Neither from when Akashi apologized to her.

No one knows... And this will only be her little secret to the wind that caressed her... and flowers that soothed her heart... She let her tears overcome her right after Akashi called out to her for the first time.

Biting her lips, clenching her palm, getting hiccup from crying too hard, furrowed eyebrows, tears flowing from her very blue eyes-- her expression couldn't get any glad than this.

" S-sei... Ugh... Se...Ii... "
She looked down at him. Literally. With one two drop of tears spilled out from her eyes.

Those hoarse voice, that collaborate with uptight feeling, it was like an angel's crying voice. Still crying clear and melted his heart in a moment.

Akashi opened his eyes-- still facing the hot grey concrete. His​ eye sockets red from tears, but above that, the glimpse of hope that ceased into nothingness before, it shows a new ray of light to his eyes.

" S-silly... You're so stupid... Sei.. whoever... Hic.... Whoever you are... Wether you're the past you... Or the present you... hic... I ...I will always... Hic...L-love you... Yesterday... Now... Tomorrow...And until death... Do us apart... hic... "

And those words... There's nothing that can compare them to how precious those words are to Akashi.

Akashi, with his shaded eyes, gradually he straightened hi back. Facing her weeping face.

" I will... Hic.. always love you... Hic. No matter what...Hic hic... Even if you get tired of me... Hate me... Or you find someone else... I will still love you... Because... Hic... I... I really don't know what to do anymore...! Hwaa... Ugh.... Sei.... Sei... Forgive me Sei... forgive-- "
Still covering half of her eyes with her limb, choked by her tears many times, Akashi suddenly envelope her with his warmth that halted for days.

And perhaps, this hug are different than usual as well. Since it's filled with the heart of the previous guy who's failed to protect Yuki and renewed with the innocent heart of the present Akashi.

" Yuki... Thank you... Thank you so much... You are... Truly my future...."

He embraced her tightly but still mind his force. It feels like that he hold sands on his palm, if he's not careful he's afraid he will break her again. But nevertheless, he still can't contain his happy tears and huge relief out from his heart.

In the end, the emperor still need his empress to keep walking ahead.

______________________________________

Heyho! Sorry I gotta end this chapter in here. Well, do you know why?

Because in the next chapter there will be.........

Clue: something precious, vow, and gold related. Hehehehehe ,💐💐💐