Royal Court Cards

Gazing at each other. The jet black iris meet the diamond like eyes. Resembling the starry night, they are beautiful together. Just like shadow and light, they are balancing each other.

Mibuchi Reo, the person who's really gentle and... the only one who consider Kaede as one of his family. It's not like Reo has a bad relationship with his family, everything is good. But being the only son and often left alone, Reo did feel lonely. Perhaps, that's the reason he feel more connected to Akashi than other people.

When he alone at house, the only one who would knock on his door and accompanied him was no other than Kaede. Or should he say, Kaede baa-chan (as in aunty). Reo adore her greatly. She's humble, gentle, warm, and really fun as well. A person who came from the main house like her, Reo never thought that she will gave so much attention to someone like him.

Perharps Reo considered her as his second mother already.

But all those beautiful memories, everything started crumbling after Reo heard her conflicted marriage. It was stupid he thought that the Daioka household--especially the main house--would throw her away just because she married someone who's not came from a wealthy family. Unfortunately, in the end the Daioka Household are that stupid... and cruel.

When the day came that Kaede kicked out from the main house, Reo was so shocked that he thought it must be just a dream. Sadly, it was not. He kept crying to his mother, begging for his dear aunty to not leave the main house, but his parents--his family, are just a third level branch family. Which is they can't disturbed any decision that had spoken by the main house.

It was futile. No matter how loud he cried for Kaede to not eave him, Kaede still chose to leave the Daioka Household. One year later, Reo heard that his dear aunty already gave birth to a daughter. And that's the final act of him being forsaken by his dear aunt.

.

.

.

" I'm sorry... Reo-kun. "
Yuki smiled bitterly as she bite her lower lip.

Their eyes gazing deeply at each other. Reo almost grit his teeth in annoyed, looking at the spitting image of the man that made Kaede left him.

" Enough. "
Reo turned around with haste, not wanting both Yuki and his uncle to look at his pathetic expression.

But before even Reo could stepped forward to leave them, Yuki's voice suddenly called out to him again.

" Reo-kun, I know you hate my mother... and father. But I know as well the real you that really kind and gentle... just as what mother always said. "

Reo's heart suddenly feels like stabbed by many sharp needles that stung him with every second he breath. When he heard Yuki's word, there's two emotions engulfing within him. One that he couldn't explain it with words.

" Mother didn't forget you, Reo-kun. Instead she always regretting for made you cried like that and leave you alone without any news. "

" If she really regret it then she should just come back! Or she should not just left me alone completly like that! She's cruel! A traitor! "
Finally Reo burst out his anger at her.

" But! I-its true... Mother still love you... she regard you as her own son already... please... at least... "

" Stop saying that she still love me! Even if she is, my heart had changed! "

By that time, Akibara who keep being silent behind Yuki, he finally join the conversation. Couldn't handle this misunderstanding anymore.

" The main house cut of any contact with Kaede! "

Not only just Reo who's dumbfounded by him, but everyone.

" E-eh...? They... cut of any contact with... mom? "

" That's right... the main house can hear anything and will hear everything that happened inside their household. And that's why, they don't like it when someone who's close with Kaede...such as Reo, being connected with Kaede even if only a short news. Not even letting us... to exchange a few words with her. That's how the main house dealt with things... like your mother. "

Yuki looked at Akibara with horrific. She knows how her family got hated from her mother's side, but she never thought they would be this cruel. In the other hand, her father's side greet them with open arms and really enjoyed their new family. Even after her father's death, they still give their help through each other. They're so different.

" This is... ridiculous. That's a lie, isn't it? "
Reo glared at his uncle.

" I'm not. If you don't believe me, why don't you asked your mother yourself? I'm sure the upper level family must be know a few things..."
Akibara replied him back with piercing eyes.

" R-reo-kun... I'm really sorry... "
No one knows why Yuki keep saying sorry to him. But Reo know how burdened Yuki is, although it's his own problem.

Reo looked down with hanged head, not wanting to showed his... pathetic self.

" It's alright... no need to apologize. From the beginning... this isn't your fault... Yuki-chan. "

At that time, Yuki feels like a great burden just liften up from her shoulder. She finally can breath without any guilty feeling reside within her--although, there's still one more guilt that reside deep in her heart from... Akashi.

" I will... go home early today. To ask a few things that the upper branch knows about. "
Reo smiled with mischiev although his eyes are softened now.

" Hmph after all those commotion you caused, you finally believe me? "

" Haha, of course not. But... I will just believe what I want to believe, right, sensei? "
.

.

.

And with that, the four kings left their play to search their own answer with everything. Search it within their own deck.

Akibara being the most informed with his sly tactic but brilliant mind, he searched for his own answer slowly but surely and will aid any knowledge to who need him. Just like the knowledgeable king of clubs.

Mibuchi Reo will search his own answer through his rotten household that make his life lingered by the feeling of envy and revenge. His will not ad at them, but he will take this problem to an end. Being enterprising just like the king of diamond.

Yuki Tokio... by her real name, she will give her heart and sacrifice everything to at least solved this problem by her hands. After Akashi failed a piece of her heart, she decided to not just let her heart simply tossed aside like that. She will use everything she have to once more... help the people she hold dear. Being the forgiven and loveable king she is, the King of heart.

Behind those walls that stand behind the three king's play before... he hide within the dark. The crimson blazing eyes that filled with determine, and absolute heart that strengthen by their play...

" Worry not ... Mother, Reo... and Yuki... for I had... found my answer. "

Being the most powerful and absolute emperor, with the ability to achieve great things in everything if his choosing, the King of spade, indeed the king of kings.

_______________________________________

P.s if you want to know about the meaning behind every cards--just like what I did before lol-- you should visit this Web sometime.

https://thecardsoflife.com/king-of-diamonds-person/

LOL, it helped me a lot for my story inspiration.

Thank you for the comment and all the votes, see you in next chapter. 💐💐