In The Middle of The Way

Summer had completely say its goodbye. The sun is not so scary anymore. And that cumulus cloud that somehow always be the symbol of summer in beach, had decided to fly to another country perhaps.

It's not saddening, but Yuki must admit it, it was kind of touchy when she remembered how she used to play around and practice together under the wild sunlight. Beach was not an exception for her.

But now, the summer that filled with joy and sadness, guilty and uncertainty, loneliness and selfishness, is now replaced by the cold wind of autumn. Yuki has always liked autumn rather than winter. When she fell for Akashi, she likes it even more.

Not that Akashi hates winter, but it gave him an unpleasant feeling of coldness around him which make him uncomfortable. But now, after he decided to embrace Yuki for ever his life, he knows winter makes the home feel warmer than usual.

Yuki and Akashi walked together after their last school exam. After this, they will look how things going on with their scores and the last event will be... Graduation ceremony. Walked along the rocky path with red and brown leaves scattered around them. Under the crimson sky, they walked in silence surrounding them. The wind that blew softly are pretty cold, but it gave Akashi the advantage to hold her hand tightly.

" I'm so cheesy... "
Akashi thought a little bit blushing by his own action. But he quickly shoved it off while smiling sheepishly.
" But it's not so bad. "

Even the usually-flustered girl, seems more relaxed. Although she just didn't show it much how her heartbeat running rapidly.

The couple that feels like just turned a new page in their life, and they met in the middle of story.

The last time they talked was right after they walked out from the school gate. And it was around 15 minutes ago. It's not like they have to talk everything about today's event or just to keep the conversation going on. Instead both of them feels like they could just understand each other better by walking together with hand in hand. Even though it's quiet, they still can communicate by each other's heartbeat, gesture, and especially, their gaze.

But of course, some words still need to be speak out loud.
" How's your mother, Yuki? "
He glanced at the girl beside her.

" O-oh, she's doing great. Especially after you suddenly went visited our house week ago. "
She answered more calmly than usual, perhaps because she can be more open and confident now. Although she couldn't really get off that stuttering habit.

" Haha, yes. But I can't just leave you alone in the middle of road with you crying like that, can I? "
He smirked a little.

" Y-you were crying too! And it would be even weirder if a guy crying in the middle of road anyway, so i-it would be better if we went to my house...right...? "
She was so flustered that she feels like her excuse become really obvious.

Which of course, Akashi would just laugh it off.
" Hahaha, you are so obvious, Yuki. "

" W-what?! I-it's true! "

" There there, I won this round. "
He winked playfully.

" Whatever... "
Yuki then just throw her face to the side and pout as much as she want while Akashi just trying to hold his laughter at his lovely girl.

For a laugh break, it was a succeed to let out a huge relief between them. Sometimes they will continue being silent but they will talk again between the silence.