Chapter 2: The Note

Since the house was so big on the outside, I never imagined that there would only be three stories. The first floor was like putting an ant into a large box. I was the ant, looking up at the tall pillars that stood before me. Two long brown polished staircases lead to the second floor. I looked to the right and saw a glimpse of a green and white themed kitchen. I found it ugly and poorly decorated. To my left was a huge living room with a softer tone of brown and red. I didn't like it either. Maybe it was because it looked too fancy. Perhaps I was used to a small living room with one couch that held two people instead of nine.

Still, I couldn't quite fathom the chalk lines drawn around the house and its circles. I wanted to ask my father what the lines were for and why Amber only walked in between them, but I wasn't ready to do that. I didn't want to talk to him at all. 

"The place is huge," Shayla walked in front of me. "Perhaps we can show you around after dinner. I made your favorites."

"My favorites?" I asked.

"Your dad told me how you loved potatoes with gravy and corn. I also baked a cake for later. The chicken is still warming up in the oven." She said. My dad leaned against the wall and looked at me.

I looked at her. "I'm not hungry," I said, and that was the truth. 

My dad's face expression changed. He was no longer smiling and neither was Shayla. "Oh," Shayla said, doing her best not frown. "No problem. I can show you around then."

"No thanks," I said. I quickly placed my suitcase on the floor.

"Uh, your room is up-"

"I'm just getting something real quick," I cut off my dad. I reached inside of my suitcase, moving clothes and socks out of the way looking desperately for them.  I needed them, badly.

"Something the matter?" Shayla asked.

Having her stand behind me like a clingy cat made me nervous and even more anxious to get away from them. However, I needed them. "No," I said.

"What are you looking for?" My father walked towards me.

I flipped over a pile of shirts and saw them, resting at the bottom of the suitcase. My headphones. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and connected the headphones. Without a word, I quickly pulled up my playlist. My playlist consisted of bands like My Chemical Romance, Slipknot, Skillet, Blood Simple, Bring Me The Horizon, and many other bands that I could relate too.

Many people I've met questioned my music taste. No one really looked past the screaming of vocalist pouring their souls out into a mic. But I did. I looked past the screaming and heard more than just screams. I heard people who dealt with the same things I dealt with, telling me that they're going through it and that I should hold on. That I should hold on and instead of taking their hands, take the headphones and carry their voices wherever I go. However, on Earth, you have to be judged for everything you do, even when it came to music. How stupid was it to question someone's music taste? I mean, it's not them who listens to it everyday, right? 

I left my screen on Dead Memories by Slipknot then looked at my father. "Where's my room?" I asked him before playing the song.

"3rd floor. Want us to show-"

"I got it," I said, putting my phone into my pocket and zipping up on suitcase. 

"Shouldn't we show you around?" Shayla suggested.

"I got it," I said once again. I clicked the play button on the headphones and let the sweet sound of men yell their sorrows into my ear.  Grabbing my suitcase, I headed up the stairs. Shayla and my father watched me struggle. Without my music, I would have never made up the stairs with them watching me like that. I would have been too nervous. However, with my music, they weren't even there.

I finally reached the second floor. There was a golden sign that read: Master bedroom. The sign made me want to gag. I just couldn't fathom the thought of Shayla and my dad actually...touching. Turning away, I continued towards the next flight of stairs leading to the 3rd floor. I looked at the lines.

"You told me to love you and I did. Tied my soul into a knot and got me to submit," I mumbled the lyrics to the song while staring at the lines. They were so perfect as they traced the stairs all the way to the top. When I finally reached the top, I found myself standing next to a circle. Two feet stepped inside of the circle scaring me out of my headphones.

I quickly picked up the headphones and held them in my hand. I looked back at the circle and this time, saw Amber standing there. She was smiling at me. "What are you listening to?" She asked with a strange bubbly tone.

"A band," I said.

"Nice," she replied. 

"Uh huh," I said looking around. "By any chance, do you know where my room is?" I looked to the left and saw a sign that read: Bathroom. To the right, lead into another hallway. Its tone was dark and creepy looking. There were no lights on either.

"This way," Amber said leading me towards the dark hallway. I put the headphones back in, turning down the music a little more. The girl still walked in between the lines. She switched on a light that had been in the hallway. The switched had chalk outlining it as well. I couldn't take it anymore. I had to ask.

"What are these lines for?" I asked.

She stopped in front of two rooms that were at the end of the hallway across from each other. Before opened the door, she turned around and looked at me. "I'm protecting myself," she said.

Okay, that was awkward. I gave her a soft smile. Protection from what?

"The Lovely Suicide Children," she replied back.

I quickly snatched the headphones out of my ear, then pointed to the doorknob she held. "Is this my room?" I said a little too quickly. I knew she could hear the fear in my voice. She didn't reply, so I opened the door myself, shut the door and threw my suitcase down.

I felt so many emotions at once. Dread, fear, sadness, panic, anxiety, and most of all, anger. Anger because this was happening once again. Whenever I  thought I could run away from something, it came crawling back to me. I opened my suitcase and reached into one of the small pockets. Inside was the suicide note my mother left. 

I glanced at the room for a quick second. The bed was a royal blue color and it was large with fancy pillars connecting to the wall. The walls were a light color of blue. There was an empty bookshelf, white desk, and a TV that hung on the wall inside of the room. Ignoring everything, I sat on the bed and re-read my mother's note.

"Never fear that I'm no longer here. In the end, we will always win. Here with The Lovely Suicide Children."

***

Point out any mistakes and I'll love you forever! Also, since everyone wants to be apart of the collage NOW! I'll add some in. I prefer if you send it by email: jakayla.jt*gmail.com [It wouldn't let me at the AT sign. So instead of the * use the AT sign.] 

You can also send it to my private Instagram Account: Ms_Horrendous

FB: Jakayla Toney

Kik: Bringazulathehorizon

Again, you do not have to show your face if you don't want to. Yes, it can be on a hand or whatever. It should say [You're not alone. You matter] Thanks a bunch for wanting to be a part of the message we're spreading hehe <3 All the pictures re beautiful.