Chapter 70: Going Back Home

"I figured," Rose walked over by the window then looked at me. Her face began to express anger. "You tried to kill yourself!"

"I was putting everyone in danger. Everyone I loved." I argued.

She faced me, staring hard with tears in her eyes. "The people who loved you back would have rather you stayed then have left." She then shook her head and left the room.

I started to get up to go after her but a doctor came in and tried to hold me down. "Wait now, you're not ready to be dismissed." The doctor exclaimed. 

"I'm fine!" I said trying to get past her.

She called out for help and it took about three different people to try to keep me down. I needed to get out there immediately, but how? I gave up fighting when they threatened to put me to sleep if I didn't stop fighting back. My head hit the back of the pillow hard as I let out a deep breath. I answered all their questions as they checked on me. To be back was bittersweetness.

***

"Goodnight," one of the doctors called on their way out. 

I let her shut the door while I stared at the moonlight coming into the room. Dad didn't visit and I was beginning to feel worried. That was until I heard the door slowly creep open. "Oh my God," I heard a weary voice call out.

The door shut back and dad ran up to me. I thought he was going to hug me but he just stopped with his hands out. "I don't even know what to say," he said. I didn't either. I could only look at him. His head held a scruff of wild hair here and there. I saw grey colors in places I had never seen before. Missing patches here and there. He definitely lost a lot of weight. Slowly getting onto his knees, he kneeled beside me and took my hand in his. "I'm s-scared. I don't know what's going on."

I wasn't sure whether to snatch my hand away from his or what. I simply looked at him, reminding myself that this guy was never there for me. The only reason he was now is that he was afraid. I was mad now. Very angry. "So-" I moved my hand away. "You're here because you're scared? Is that the only reason."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What?" He placed his hands on his knees. "I'm here because you almost died!"

"I basically almost died because of you!"

"What?" 

"You left mom," I started to tear the tubes off me quickly as I stepped out of the bed. "now she's coming back."

Noises on the machine started to go off and that when I tried to make a run for it. My father called after me, but I ran as fast as I could out of the building until all the voices that called after me were muffled. The air was warm, but my body felt like I had been dragged out of a freezer and I wasn't fully thawed out. I ran and ran. Pass street signs, houses, trees. I ran until I was out of breath. Then, I finally sat down underneath closes liquor store with a broken neon light that flashed on and off my face.

I looked up. The place wasn't familiar. I massaged my temples and tried to look for a way to go. I didn't know where to begin. All of a sudden, a car began heading my way. I got up to run again, but the car beeped and Rose ran out. "Come here!" She grabbed me then put me in the back seat of the car. I watched as she got back in the front seat and began to drive. 

"You better hope that we don't get caught," She said. 

"How'd you know I was here?"

"I knew you'd leave. I waited for you."

"I thought you left," I told her.

"I am upset," she said, making a left turn onto a one-way street. "but being upset isn't going to stop this." There was silence for a while. "What will stop this? Did you find out anything while you were there?" 

"I-I met my mother," I started.

"Olivia what-"

"She's the one causing the problems. The Lovely Suicide Children, the places weren't always the way it is now. My mother is in charge and now she's making people on Earth kill themselves just because she's mad at the world. She's finding sick ways to make Earth more accessible for more suicides." I told her.

"Your own mother?" she glimpsed at me for a few seconds before looking back at the road. 

"She's also this...this monster. She has two different forms and she saw me leave. I'm afraid if I don't stop her in time, she'll find me."

"Of course she'll find you."

I looked at Rose. But she focused on the road. "You think?"

"What?"

"You said that you think she'll find me."

"I didn't say anything. I was listening to you the whole time."

Suddenly a rush of panic set in. I felt a hand sneak behind my neck. "Hey!" I sat straight up and turned around. My father was in the backseat next to me, eyes bleeding, and his mouth foaming a white liquid. His mouth was busy flowing with the foam, but he could still talk. However, it wasn't his voice. It was my mothers.

"Get him out of the car!" Rose stopped the car. 

I didn't hesitate to open his side of the door and push him out. Rose drove off. "We have to go to my place. I have to find out about this field Sunny was in. There has to be a specific location."

"I don't know what you're talking about, but you can explain on the way to your house. We're heading back there." Rose said as she drove.