Chapter 41: Olivia's Arrest

Life is strange. When you're young, making decisions for yourself is the most complicated thing ever. Particularly when you have closed-minded parents who don't care about what's going on in your life. Robert was gone, and I had no one. Rose was against me, and I felt like everyone else was too.

I sat in the living room along with Shayla. I felt like Sunny wouldn't do anything to me if an adult was around. Of course, Shayla found it odd that I was sitting on the same couch as her watching the same stupid boring show. A show called The Haves and the Have Nots. There was so much drama on the show I didn't know who to keep up with. The show couldn't compare to anything I was going through.

"Did you hear what happened at your school?" Shayla looked at me and raised her eyebrow.

I wanted to ignore her, but I know if I did she make me feel a lot worse than I was already feeling. Most likely she would get my Dad involved so he can call me disrespectful. "I heard about it," I replied. 

"That's crazy," she went on. "by the way, what's wrong with Rose?"

I needed to think of a quick excuse. "She was mad because a contest at our school was canceled. The winner would get money, and she wanted to use it to visit her dying grandmother."

"Seriously? Why doesn't her father go?"

"Her parents don't care."

"Both?"

I shrugged. 

Shayla sighed. "That's sad. My grandmother died while I was at summer camp back when I was a teenager."

I wanted to say: Do you mean two years ago? I just kept quiet. A few seconds later, Shayla got up then jogged up the stairs. She left the TV on, so I figured she'd be back. I looked around for Amber and Sunny, or Sunny as Amber. I didn't want to go upstairs and see them. When I thought of her, I only imagined her face sliding into Amber's open flesh as if it were nothing.

"Olivia," Shayla walked back into the living room, holding out something. 

It was money. "What's this for?" I asked.

"It's 200 dollars. I don't know how much Rose needs, but no one should go through that. She has to see her grandmother. Give it to her," Shayla placed it in my hand. 

I was too shocked to take it. Shayla and I exchanged the most awkward glances ever. She finally broke eye contact with me and sat back on the couch. I closed the money inside of my hand and got up. If I were to get to Rose, it should have been now. Especially because Sunny didn't like what she said.

"I'll drive you if that's what you want," she turned off the TV then stood back up.

I just nodded my head and let her pass by me. I couldn't believe it. Shayla the scumskank came to the rescue. I almost smiled, but I didn't want her to think she got on my good side. This proved nothing to me. I put on my coat and followed her out the door.

...

We arrived at Rose's house, and boy was I nervous. 

"Want me to wait for you?" Shayla yelled out from behind the car window.

I was in no hurry to get back to Amber and Sunny. I shook my head and waved goodbye. "Thanks a lot," I said.

She smiled, rolled her eyes and drove off. I sighed as I watched her go. Even the most bitter people had a secret sweetness to them. Nervous, I walked up to Rose's door and knocked. 

"Who is it?" Rose said from behind the door.

"Me. Olivia," I replied back.

No answer.

"I want to give you something."

Still no answer.

"The money so you can see your grandmother."

The door swung open, revealing half of Rose's face. "What did you say?" She asked.

I quickly handed her the money. "It's 200 dollars so you can see her. Right now."

Rose threw herself at me and wrapped her arms around my neck. She began crying. "I'm so sorry, Oliva," she struggled to say. God, that felt good. I was so happy I didn't lose her.

"I can't believe you did this," she leaned back to look at me. "Thank you so much."

As we stared at each other, I didn't think about my next action. At times, you don't have to think about if something is wrong or right. You feel it instead. I kissed her. Rose kissed me back, taking control, grabbing me by my head and deepening our kiss. She broke away for a second and looked at me. "I'm so sorry," she whispered then continued kissing me, pushing me closer towards her. It was intense. I felt emotions I couldn't even explain. It was more than a spark. Way bigger than that. I was just beginning to think that the kiss was lasting too long when suddenly, I heard something. 

In the distance, I heard sirens. This startled me so bad that I broke our kiss and panicked. "It sounds like they're coming over here," I said.

Rose grabbed my hand. "Yeah, it does. I'm scared."

As soon as she said that, I realized. Snatching my hand away, I looked at her, my eyes wide. "You told them already?"

Before she could answer, cops sped into her yard, stopping their cars and making their tires slide. I started backing away with my hands up. A police officer stepped out. 

"What's wrong?" He asked while stepping towards us. "Are you guilty of something?"

He was talking directly to me. I put my hands down and shook my head. "No officer."

"Olivia?" He said.

"Yes," I responded. 

"You're under arrest," he said then began to handcuff me. 

I was smart enough not to say anything to Rose. They would have known. I just looked at her, and she stared back at me. Her father ran outside. 

"What's happening?" He yelled out.

I was already in the back of a police car when another officer began talking to Rose's dad. I couldn't believe it. Rose ratted me out. When the officer got back in the car, he started it up. "We've called your dad. He'll meet us at that station."

I ignored him, looking out of the window. I was just thinking how the situation couldn't get worse when all of a sudden, something in Rose's window caught my eye. Amber gazed at me, hands pressed against Rose's living room window.

"Hey, my sister's in there!" I told the officer.

However, the guy ignored me and sped away. We left. We left Rose with Amber who wasn't really Amber. We left Rose with Sunny...

***

Sorry, I took so long. I had to rest my hands for a week. I feel better now! Btw, people keep thinking the story is ending. Keep in mind that my story description says: They say every dead person has a home. I found my home with The Lovely Suicide Children. At first, it was everything I could ever imagine. However, the first impressions are usually wrong.

Meaning, she hasn't even gotten there yet...Point out mistakes please! :)

Btw...who do you STILL ship?