Chapter 65: You Die

Even though I didn't expect it, Emmitt gathered the horrendous squad and me together. He also told Robert to sit in the circle with us. Emmitt held his fingertips together in front of his face, staring intensely at each one of us. "This is going to be our toughest fight yet. If we want to save the children and save ourselves, we're going to have to be smart."

"It never worked before but this time,"  Bee looked at me. "We have a very good advantage. We have Olivia. Any trust Olivia gets from her mother, the more we'll know how to stop her."

"Yeah, but do you really think her mom is going to reveal her weaknesses to her daughter?" Julia asked. "How lucky would we be for that to happen." She shook her head. "It won't happen."

"Olivia knows her mother's weakness," Robert said while looking at me. "she committed suicide because no one was there for her. Her husband left, and she was falling apart."

I nodded, agreeing with him. "And she thought the world was against her. That's her weakness."

"But we can't use that to destroy her," Emmitt said. "We need something to physically destroy her."

"In a world like this," Robert went on. "I don't think we can physically destroy her. She's already dead. But like Olivia said, the world against her was her weakness. Imagine how she'd feel if everyone here, even her most trusted persons were against her."

Julia nodded. "Exactly! But how do we do that? Not everyone knows what she is or who she is. As far as the truth goes, this world is everything that you could imagine."

Emmitt stood up and the others followed. He looked at me. "Give us some time to think. You go with your mom. Find anything you can. Anything." He then turned to Robert. "Come with us. We'll need you."

"Alright," Robert replied. He walked over to me while the others rose to Emmitt's room. "Stay safe, okay?"

I took a deep breath. "I feel like the world depends on me."

He smiled then shrugged his shoulders. "Well, just this one. But...you got this. We're in this together."

"I guess."

"Hey, we're horrendous right?"

I laughed. "Horrendous Squad."

"Horrendous Squad for life," he winked before floating away.

***

I walked into my mother's palace, seeing no one but the guards. "Mom? Ava?" I called out.

"They aren't here," one of the guards behind me said. I couldn't tell which one it was because none looked at me. They stood across from one another, holding their staffs and standing firm. 

I walked to a single guard, looking him dead into his eyes. He didn't look back, seeming scared of me. "Are you-are you afraid of me?"

"We do not fear anyone," he replied back.

"I'm not like my mother," I told him.

For a second, eyes peaked at me before looking away. "I'm sorry." He said.

"I'm here to help."

"I'm sorry, but if you don't need any assistance-"

"I can help you!" I grabbed his arm.

Soon after I said that mother walked inside alongside Ava. I moved my hand away quickly and began walking towards my mother. "Where were you?" I asked her.

"Checking the children," Ava responded. "What are you doing here?"

"I asked my mother, not you," I said.

Mother raised an eyebrow, grabbing me gently by the hand. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, everything's fine."

"Okay," she let go. "we were just having meetings and assigning places for the new children, reassuring some of the rules."

"Oh."

"Come with me," she ordered.

Ava stayed behind, but as mother and I walked up the stairs, Ava went over to the guard I had been talking to. I was scared that he may have told her what I said, but hoped he wouldn't. 

Mother sat on her bed, laying down on her soft pillows. "Running a world is hard work, my dear."

I laughed, walking around while feeling the walls. "That's why I'm here. To run it with you."

She sat up slowly, raising an eyebrow and staring at me in a, are you serious, kind of way. "There's a lot to do here, kiddo."

I hopped in front of her, putting on my best happy act. "Yeah, but how do you do it! I want to know. Who'd be a better leader than me after you? Certainly not Ava. She's too stern."

Mother laughed. "You're right about that."

"See!" I said. "Why waste a moment? Teach me now."

"You want to earn your wings?" She asked.

"Huh?"

"Your wings." Before my eyes, mother unexpectedly formed into Morfran. I had to turn away because they way she formed, the way her hands grew fingers that slowly grew fur had frightened me. The way her neck slowly stretched out and her eyes widened right before me. The small screams and parts of attached body parts to hers wiggling made my heart sink. "Do you want to grow your wings like me. Every leader must have them."

"How-" My voice cracked. "how do I grow them?"

She snicked, her voice low and smooth once again. "In your case, my dear...first-" Her wing pointed at my heart. "You die."

***

Sorry my updates are slow again. I've been having those months where my hand conditions aren't that good. Some of you know that but that's the ONLY reason I can't update. The condition worsened, making it very difficult to write. My hands tend to numb up as soon as I type over 100 words. So every attempt to write 1000 is a struggle. I'm not doing it because I HAVE to either. I'm aware my health is more important for those who said that. I write 100 words a day maybe and draft it until it equals 1000. That's why it takes me sooooo long to update. Just wanted to inform and apologize for taking so long x.x 

Thanks for wishing me well! You guys are super supportive and understanding.

omg and for those saying "use voice to text" Don't you think I've tried XD The only reason I don't much is because it makes waaaay too many mistakes. I even have the expensive software for that and it makes way too many mistakes. Going back and correcting it is more work on my hands.