Chapter 28: Accidental Confession

Hinata's POV:
   The rest of the weekend went by in a blur. I stayed with Kageyama, and we went out to eat and saw some movies. I went home, sadly, Sunday night. We had a practice match with Nekoma later that week. Before I went to sleep, I thought again about how we would tell the team we were dating.
   The next days flew by and before we new it, it was time to leave for Nekoma. We all got on the bus and started our journey. It was a long bus ride, but we made it eventually. We played five long sets before it was time to leave again.
   We got onto the bus, and Kageyama and I sat in the back. "Kageyamaaaaa. I'm tired."
   "Then sleep, dumbass." Kageyama looked at me. "I can't."
   "Why not?" Kageyama was confused, and I sighed. "I'm cold."
   Kageyama looked at me as I snuggled up to him and sighed. "Dumbass...." He reached into his bag and pulled out a large blanket. My favorite blanket of his, to be exact.
   I smiled at Kageyama and kissed him on the cheek. He grabbed the blanket and muttered something to himself. He draped the blanket over the top of us, and I intertwined our fingers together under the blanket. I leaned my head on Kageyama's shoulder, and we were soon fast asleep.
Kageyama's POV:
   "Shh! Noya, you're gonna wake them up!!" I heard the faint shutter of a phone camera and slowly opened my eyes.
   The entire team was starting at us. Noya and Tanaka had their phones in their hands. I was confused and looked at Suga. Suga then turned to Daichi and smirked. "See? I told you!!"
   Daichi huffed and looked at Hinata and I. It took me about two more minutes to figure out that the blanket had fallen off of us, and our intertwined hands were exposed to the entire team.
   I sat up. "Uh....shit. Hinata... Hinata!! Wake up!!" Hinata's head shot off of my shoulder in panic. "W-what?!"
   Hinata looked around, just as confused as I was. After awhile, his eyes landed on our hands. His eyes widened and looked up at me. "Oh shit."
Hinata's POV:
   All of us got off the bus, and the team surrounded Kageyama and me. They all stared at us, waiting for an explanation. I turned to Kageyama and whispered into his ear. "Should we tell them?"
"I don't think we really have a choice." I shifted uncomfortably and mumbled an okay. Kageyama took my hand in his and smiled at me. I blushed and looked at the team.
Kageyama took a deep breath and looked straight at the team. "We're dating."
Everyone went crazy. "Haha!! I knew it!! You owe me five bucks!" "Finally." "It's about time you told us." "Geez, took you long enough."
I was frozen. "Wait, you guys knew?"
The team stopped talking and looked at me. Then they all looked at each other and started laughing. Suga wiped away his tears and looked at us. "Honey, we knew you two were dating before you were even dating." The whole team nodded in agreement. "It's not like we're going to stop liking you guys any less. If any thing, this is better." More nods.
Daichi then stepped forward. "As long as you promise it won't affect your performance, it's fine with me." Kageyama and I looked at each other with huge grins on our faces, then back at Daichi. "Ous!!"
Kageyama's POV:
I sighed as Hinata and I walked home, hand in hand. "I'm glad." Hinata looked up at me and smiled. "Yeah, me too."
We continued to walk in silence for awhile until Hinata spoke up again. "Hey, so um...when are we gonna tell our parents?"
I stopped walking and looked at Hinata. "When ever you feel like it. My parents already know I'm gay. So, whenever you're ready, I'll go with you to tell your mom."
Hinata looked at me on shock. "How do your parents already know?"
"Well, when I was in middle school, I ran into Satsuki." Hinata growled. "He was really nice, and I liked him a lot. I talked to my mom about it, and she said I probably like-liked him. She said I was gay. I was shocked, but she was super nice and supportive. She told my dad and they talked it over, and they're totally cool with it. They're never home, but when they are, I'll bring you over to meet them"
We started walking again. Hinata was quiet for a while, then he spoke up. "D-did you ever end up going out with S-satsuki?" I looked down at him. "Good God, no. After I told my parents that, he started being really creepy and stalkerish, so my family and I ended up moving away."
Hinata visibly relaxed. "Oh good. You know, I can't help but be grateful to him."
I looked down at Hinata in shock. "Why is that?"
"Well, you remember how when he walked away that one day, he said 'You're welcome.'?" I nodded. "Well, I thought about it, and now I kind of want to thank him. If it wasn't for him, these past couple of weeks wouldn't have been so amazing, and I wouldn't be with the love of my life right now."
I blushed and looked at Hinata. We stopped walking, and I pulled him into a warm embrace. "I love you so much."
I felt Hinata smile against my chest. "I love you too, Tobio." I blushed and pulled away to looked at Hinata. He was super red and started stuttering. "Uh... well, I-I didn't-" I pulled Hinata into a passionate, hungry kiss. "No, I like it....Shouyou. Come on, let's go."
"O-okay." I laced my fingers with Hinata's, and we walked to his house together in a comfortable silence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BOOM!! You just read 984 words of pure awesomeness!! Kidding. But seriously, this is longest chapter I've ever written. It took me like three days! Sorry for such a long wait!!
Thanks for readin'!
-Ashcrack