Chapter 30: Presents

Kageyama's POV:
The next few weeks went by in a flash. Hinata and I grew closer and closer. The team got better, and we went to nationals.
Weeks turned into months until it was finally summer. That meant turning into second years and saying goodbye to the third years. That also meant staying up late with Hinata, playing volleyball until we couldn't see, and... Hinata's birthday....
Tomorrow is Hinata's birthday, and I have no idea what to get him. I mean, there are a thousand volleyball things I could buy him, but I want it to be memorable.
I sighed and decided to call Hinata. After a few rings, he picked up. "Hey boo, what's up?" I smiled at the nickname and started talking back. "Hey. Do you want to go out tomorrow?" I could practically feel his smile through the phone. "Of course!!" I smiled. "Good. I'll pick you up at 11." "Okay!! Bye!! I love you!!" "I love you, too babe."
I hung up and put on a jacket. I grabbed my wallet and my keys and headed into town. I knew what I wanted to get him, I just had to find the right place. I also knew it would cost a lot.
I finally found what I was looking for and walked into the store. I told the lady working there what I wanted, and she smiled.
"She's a very lucky girl." I smiled. "Yeah. He is. Can you have it ready by tonight?" The lady paused, then smiled. "Of course!!" "Thank you! Call me when it's ready." "All right. Have a nice day!" "Thanks!"
I went home and waited for the phone call. I spent my day texting Hinata and watching movies.
Finally, my phone rang. I jumped up and grabbed my phone. I listened and slowly my smile grew. I grabbed my stuff again and ran out to get Hinata's present.
Hinata's POV:
I have no idea what to wear. What am I gonna do?! I put on dozens of different outfits and finally decided on a turquoise button-up and dark jeans.
I looked at myself and smiled. It's my birthday today. I don't look older, but I feel older. A lot has happened since my last birthday.
Suddenly, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!!" I ran down stairs and met Kageyama. He was wearing a black and white plaid flannel and blue jeans. "Tobio, you look hot." Kageyama blushed. "Thanks Sho. You're looking pretty sexy yourself."
I blushed hard and leaned in for a kiss. Instead of kissing his lips, I kissed his chin. I looked up at my boyfriend. 
"Tooooobiooo!! You have to lean down!! You know I can't reach!!" Kageyama smirked. "I know."
He leaned down and kissed me deeply. I moaned against his lips, and he pulled me closer. I broke the kiss and smiled at Kageyama. "We should get going. We can do this later." I ran a finger seductively down Kageyama's chest.
"Mom!! I'm leaving now!! We'll be back for supper!" "Okay, honey! Have fun!"
Kageyama and I went to a really fancy restaurant for lunch. After we ate, we went to the volleyball store. After that, we went to our park to play volleyball.
After a while, we stopped and laid down on the grass together. We interlocked our fingers. I turned my head to look at Kageyama and smiled. He looked back at me and smiled. He sighed in content and laid back down on the ground.
I saw a small square shaped thing sticking out of Kageyama's pants. I got curious so I sat up and poked it. "Tobio, what's this?"
Kageyama sat up and looked at me. "Your present." He smiled at me nervously. "Well, what did you get me?!"
Kageyama's POV:
This is it. It's now or never. "Well, I guess I can give it to you now." I took Hinata's hands in mine and looked him in the eyes. "Shouyou. I love you so, so much. I still remember your challenge. How we're going to reach the top together, no matter what. I guess that's more of a promise now than it is a challenge."
I pulled the little box out of my pocket. "T-Tobio..." "I want to fulfill that promise, no matter how long it takes. Hinata Shouyou..." I opened the small box to reveal a small gold ring with words engraved on it. "Will you stay with me forever so we can fulfill our promise?"
I watched as silent tears streamed down Hinata's face. "Of course I will!!!!" He tackled me down to the ground in a hug. "I love you so much!!" I laughed. "I love you too."
I took the ring out of the box and slid it on to Hinata's ring finger. "'I'm here.' I remember saying those words to you."
I smiled. "I do too. You said these two words to me when I needed to hear them the most. You saved me that day. Ever since then, I've been falling deeper and deeper in love with you, and I will be forever grateful for that."
I smiled through a few tears that slipped down my cheeks. Hinata wiped them away and smiled at me. "I didn't think you were capable of crying." I laughed. "You made me capable of a lot of new things."
We smiled at each other. Hinata leaned in and gave me a kiss on the lips. He looked at me and smiled. "We should head back. We get to have cake!! Plus, I have a present for you too."
Hinata winked at me and I blushed. I grabbed his hand and laced our fingers together as we walked back to his house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am so, so sorry!! But!! School is almost out so I will have more time to update. Sort of. I read all summer so... yeah. Also, I want to know what you guys thought of the transition. I know this chapter had a lot of things happen in it. Any questions, just ask!! ALSO!! The first prize for the contest is up!! It is for @Badinaaa and is called "The Date." It's a YakuLev fanfic. Feel free to check it out!!
Thanks for readin'!
- Ashcrack