Incident With A Stranger

Dear Diary,

Dear Diary,

I have am so frustrated and angry right now, and I am not even entirely sure why! I figured maybe if I started writing I could sort my thoughts and figure out why I exactly I am so angry, and so here I am.

I guess I should start at the beginning. I got up, got ready for the day and noticed it was going to be beautiful sunny day, so after breakfast I grabbed my cloak and book and headed out to the porch. I was having trouble reading with how bright the sun was so I put the hood to my cloak up in hopes that I could see the pages better. After about ten minutes of reading I began to feel drowsy, and so I closed the book and leaned back against the rail.

Closing my eyes I begin to hum quietly and just absorb the warmth of the sun. I am not sure how long I sat there, but suddenly I heard someone say hello. Needless to say this startled the heck out of me, and jumped which caused my hood to fall back.

"Elphie? Is that really you?" I hear someone say with a gasp, and I suddenly feel panicked. I don't know who she is or if I do I don't remember her. She looked shocked and confused; me on the other hand suddenly felt angry, and I am not even sure why.

She had begun to approach me at that moment, and I told her not to come any closer. Every part of me in that instant told me not to trust her, and that she was dangerous. She said her name was Glinda, and I am not sure what it was caused me to scream at her when she told me her name, but I ended up calling her a traitor. I blamed her for a killing Nessarose, who apparently is my sister, but if I have or had a sister named Nessarose I don't remember. Glinda looked so upset and hurt as I just screamed over and over that she was traitor. She looked so scared and so sorry as I began to stalk towards her. I was a little surprised that she was just standing there as I repeatedly told her that it was her fault. What exactly was it that was her fault? Again I am not sure, but I am assuming it had to with the death of Nessarose.

Suddenly, I found myself stalking towards her, and I felt something stir inside me. It was strong, powerful, and dangerous. I loved the feel of it and wanted more. I began drawing more of it to myself, and the more I got the more wanted, and the more I felt like trying to get rid of this Glinda girl. I go to hit her with this new found power I had discovered, but as soon as I put my hand up that old gardener got Glinda out of the way as the nurse that always is around tackles me to the ground!

This whole thing just infuriates me because A: I don't know who this Glinda girl is. B: I am not sure why I am mad at her orcalled her a traitor and a murderer, and finally C: I am not sure what happened to me out there. I mean I seem to have developed some sort of powers. Have I always had them or are they new found thing? I am not sure, but what I do know is I am going to have time to think about it seeing as "for my own safety and the safety of those around me" I have been locked in my room.

I hate this whole situation! I hate that I don't remember anything! I hate that people won't tell me what happened or who I was before all this! Why won't people tell me? What are they so afraid of? All I want are answers and no matter who I ask they all tell me the same damn thing, "It will come back to you in time," or, "There are things that are better just left forgotten." What does that even mean? GRRRR! Maybe someday I will have the answer I seek, but until then I guess I will just have to try and remember things by writing them down, and maybe, just maybe I will be able to work things out myself.

~E.M. Thropp

Sighing I shut my journal, stick back in the drawer of my desk, and rub my eyes. I am so ready for this day to be over.