What the Letters Reveal

There are so many letters it's almost hard to decide to where to start

There are so many letters it's almost hard to decide to where to start. In the end I decide the Oz with it I'll start with the first one, and so I take the first letter off the stack and sit on my bed. I feel a little guilty about wanting to read them, but then again Lerena did tell me I could. I open it as I settle in for some reading.

Dearest darlingest Momsie and Popsicle,

There's been some confusion over rooming here at Shiz. You see I have to have a roommate now, because Ama Clutch stepped on nail on way here and she requested leave to get treatment for lockjaw or something like that. Madame Morrible made me take a roommate when there was a girl who didn't have someone chaperone her as well! Oh, Momsie and Popsicle, it's horrifical! But of course I'll rise above it, for I know that's how'd you want me to respond, yes! For you see my roommate is... unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

I roll my eyes, of course she would think that! She hated me!

There is two days till classes begin, and I am uncertain how I will survive with her! Thank goodness Phannee, Shenshen, and Milla are only a few doors down, and I will be able to go out with them, because honestly Momsie and Popsicle if it wasn't for them I would be going out of my mind!

I am sorry this is such a short letter, but my roommate just returned, and I must be going. I'll write again soon!

Love you precious daughter,

Galinda

I sigh and set the letter aside as I shake my head, Well, that didn't tell me anything that I hadn't already figured out. I then begin to look through the letters again before I take one out that is a little ways in.

Dearest darlingest Momsie and Popsicle,

I am writing you because something happened that seems surreal in a way. Tomorrow I start my first day in Sorcery! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! I am so excited! I don't really believe it myself, but it true! The surprising part is how I got into the class. As you know I didn't not get a place in the Sorcery class because Madame Morrible wasn't going to be teaching it, but after Elphaba showed she had powers.

Anyways, back to how I got into the class. You see there is a girl here, her name is Nessarose, and she in a wheelchair. It is so sad really, for you see she hasn't got any arms or legs. She spends all her time in a wheelchair. It is so tragical because she is really very beautiful! There is this boy, his name is Biq, and she really likes him, but the problem is he doesn't notice her.

"His name is Boq." I chuckle to myself. She always was terrible with names.

You see he likes me, but I have no interest is him. What does this have to do with me getting into sorcery class? Well, Fiyero, you know that Winkie prince who has the scandalicious reputation, was throwing a party, and I was to be is date. Biq though wanted to go with me or at least have one dance with me. I didn't exactly tell him no though I turned him down in a more gentle and subtle way. I suggested he take Nessarose, and he agreed! I know he only did it because I asked him to, but it meant the world to her.

Later that evening just as the dance was starting Madame Morrible approached me. At first I was afraid that maybe I was in some sort of trouble, but she assured me I wasn't. Don't worry, Momsie, I haven't done anything that would get me into trouble. Anyways, she hands me a training wand! I thank her she said it wasn't her idea, but Elphaba's! Madame Morrible went in to say that Elphaba had threatened to drop the class this very night if I wasn't told I was allowed to join. This came as a complete shock to me! I was so confused and couldn't figure out why she would do that for me. I asked Madame Morrible why, and she told me, and I quote, "I have no idea! My personal opinion is that you do not have what it takes. I hope you prove me wrong, but I doubt you will." I can't believe she doesn't think I can make it in her class! Me, Galinda, not pass her course! That's just ridiculous! Enough about that though!

Aside from the party and getting into Madame Morrible's class I realized something tonight. I realized that maybe, just because Miss Elphaba is green that doesn't make her any less if a human, does it? I mean she has feelings, and you know despite the walls she puts up and the tough facade she has, maybe Miss Elphaba really isn't all that bad? I have decided that as of tonight I am going to make Elphie my new project! Oh, I forgot to tell you I gave her a nickname. I plan to win her over as friend and help her become popular, but not quite as popular as me.

I have to close this now for it is getting rather late. I love you both! Say hello to everyone for me.

Your precious daughter,

Galinda

I set the letter down. So Glinda didn't always have her powers. It also appears that she never would have had I not insisted she be placed in the sorcery class. It suddenly clicks in my mind. I insisted she be put in the class as a way to thank her for what she did for Nessarose. Looking back and putting the pieces together I realize now that if it wasn't for that one way of saying thank you for she did for Nessarose then maybe we never would have never become friends. Could that really be the start to our friendship?