Confrontation

I'm sitting by the window when I notice Glinda heading quickly towards her parent's house, and I am not sure what it is, but I sense there is a storm brewing, and it isn't just the weather that has me on edge

I'm sitting by the window when I notice Glinda heading quickly towards her parent's house, and I am not sure what it is, but I sense there is a storm brewing, and it isn't just the weather that has me on edge. Something more is going on, and I can sense that when it hits everything is going to change.

Glinda's P.O.V.

I can't believe she gave the letters to Elphie to read! The nerve of her! I think as I head to my parents house.

"Momsie!" I holler as I enter the house. "Where is Momsie?" I practically growl at a maid who is dusting near by. "L-Lady Upland is in the conservatory, Ma'am." She says giving a quick curtsy which I barely notice.

The conservatory door bangs open as I storm in. "Momsie!" She looks up surprised to see me. "Glinda, to what do I ow-"

"Oh shut up, Momsie! You had to have known I would find out!"

"Find out about what, dear?" She looks confused, and I just toss the stack of letters at her. She picks up the stack and sighs. "Glinda, please I only gave them to Elphaba because she needed some answers."

"That maybe, but she didn't need to read those!" I snap. "There are things in there she didn't need to read! Things about her! About... about us she didn't need to know yet!"

Momsie turns to a servant that is working in here. "Marsha, would you excuse us please. You can finish up in here later." Marsha gives a quick curtsy. "Yes, Lady Upland." She says and quickly leaves the room. Momsie closes the door and turns to me. "Now Glinda, sit down and we will talk this out like the two grown women we are." Without saying a word I take a seat. "I realize that you are not pleased with the fact I gave Elphaba the letters."

"Really Momsie, how could you tell?" I say sarcastically rolling my eyes. She ignores my comment. "Glinda, she was asking questions that I couldn't give her answers to. I mean, I could but the letters explained things so much better."

"What sort of questions did Elphie ask?" I ask her narrowing my eyes. She takes a seat across from me. "Glinda, darling," she sighs, "Elphaba had questions about you and her. She was beginning to remember things about her past. She wanted to know more about you and her."

I told her about us!" I growl. "The day we went to the clearing. She had asked if we were more than friends and I told her that we were!"

"Did you tell her more than that, or just leave it at you were more than friends?"

"I just told her we had been more than friends, and then she grew quiet." I sighed. "I had figured she was just being her usual self when went quiet. I mean, she had often grown silent when she was thinking, and so I left it at that."

"Glinda, you should have known that Elphaba isn't the Elphaba you knew when you went to school. Do you even realize she hadn't a clue that you loved her? I know you told her, but I don't think she registered that you actually loved her in a romantic manner."

"She would have figured that out on her own! You didn't have the right to tell her or let her read about it!" I say glaring at my Momsie.

"Galinda Arduenna Upland!" She says sternly, and I know she isn't pleased with me. "When I told her about how your father had you marry Sir Che-"

"I know who I married, and to be quite honest I am glad we aren't together anymore!" I say rather snobbishly tossing my hair over my shoulder, and Mother glares at me. "Fine! The point is Elphaba was genuinely upset when she learned you were forced to marry someone you didn't even want to be with!" I sat there silent and stunned. Elphie... was upset? I thought to myself. Maybe I should have said more to her about us. After a moment I scowl. "That doesn't matter! You still should not have shown her the letters! Do you realize what reading those letter could have done? What they did do?"

"I am aware that the letters held the answers she was looking for, or at least pieces to her memories that she needs to help her discover who she is. Did you ever think that maybe I did it for you as much as I did it for her?"

"How is giving Elphie the letter I sent to you and Popsicle suppose to help me?" I give her a challenging look.

"Glinda, you are blonde at times!" She growls. "I know how much you love her! I know that you want her back, and that you would love to have her be with you again, but guess what, that isn't going to happen unless we help her! You have been there yes. You told her you were more than friends. You have shared a couple memories with her, but have you shared the memories that really matter?" Momsie gives me a cool look. I am at a loss for words. "Well, did you?"

Again I am momentarily speechless, but then I remember Elphie screaming in the middle of the night, and stare straight at Momsie. "That is true. I do want Elphie back, but Momsie," I say getting up and walking over to one of the windows. "Did you think of the memories she wasn't ready to face yet?"

"What memories would those be?"

"Oh, how about the memories of her faking her death?" I turn back around and toss a letter to her. "That is the letter that tells about what happened at Kiamo Ko the night she supposedly died. She read that letter, and do you want to know what happened?" I say glaring at Momsie, and before she can respond I go on. "She woke up screaming last night, and she had that letter on the bed with her!"

Momsie picks up the letter, opens it and scans it. "Glinda, while this letter tells what happened from your point of view it doesn't tell what actually happened to her." She sets the letter aside. "She could have dreamed about anything. How likely do you think it is that from reading this one letter she had enough information to remember what happened that day?"

"It's said that it can only takes one thing to trigger a memory!" I snap back. "Whether she remembers what happened to her or she dreamed from what I remember, she got freaked out! After I woke her she didn't want to talk about it, and I'm afraid that she is going to shut me out again, and I am not ready lose her again! Not when I am just starting to get her back! I can't lose her! I can't!" My voice raises in octaves as I get more upset.

Momsie looks at me sadly as I stand there trembling, trying not to cry. She gets up and takes me into a hug. "I'm sorry, Glinda." She whispers. "I thought I was helping. I didn't realize it would upset you this much. I was only trying to help her get her memories, not hurt her more or hurt you. I won't interfere again."

I return the hug and let myself cry. "It... it's okay, Momsie. I... I suppose I did over react, but I was so angry that you allow someone else to read the letters. I felt betrayed, and didn't stop to think the reason why you let her."

"It's okay, darling." She pulls out of the hug and kisses my cheeks. "I should have made sure you would be okay with letting Elphaba read the letters." I stand there and continue to cry. "Glinda, darling," Momsie says brushing tears off cheeks, "it's going to be okay. Everything will be okay. You aren't going to lose Elphaba again, understand? Look at me." I look up my eyes meeting hers. "Glinda, I promise you everything will be okay in the end."

I nod, give her another hug, and take a shaky breath. "Maybe you're right Momsie. Maybe I will go explain to Elphie what she really means to me, and why I was so upset with her having read the letters." Momsie gives me an approving smile and nods. "Good luck, darling." She says as I walk out the door.