In Her Own Words

It was peaceful in the garden so I chose to go sit near the fountain and read

It was peaceful in the garden so I chose to go sit near the fountain and read. I was lost in the book, and don't hear when someone approaches. "Hello Elphie." Startled by hearing Glinda I look up a bit wide eyed. She chuckles a little. "Sorry I didn't mean to startle you. Beautiful spot isn't it?" Glinda looks around.

"That's alright. I guess I got lost in my book. It is a beautiful and very peaceful. " I give her a smile, and then notice she seems to have something on her mind. "Glinda, is there something on your mind?" She sighs. "Mind if I join you? I want to talk to you about something." I nod and close the book. "Of course! Please sit."

"Thanks." She sort of mumbles and sits down. She doesn't look at me or speak. "Are you okay?" I ask worriedly. She takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. "Yes and no. I owe you an apology."

"An apology? What for?" I'm confused.

"For how I reacted last night, and for not being completely honest with you about us."

"How were you not honest?" I ask glancing over at her. "When I asked if we were more than friends you told us we were lovers."

"Oh. I forgot." She sounded a little embarrassed. I take her hand. "Glinda, what else would you like to tell me about us." She looks over at me again. "Elphie, do you understand what I mean when I said we were lovers?" It's my turn to be silent. "I... I assumed that we we're best friends and occasionally shared a kiss."

She looks slightly amused and shakes her head. "While we we're best friends and shared a kiss or two, we also did more than kiss at times." I sit there with furrowed brow as I think about what she said. "I don't understand what you mean." I say after a moment, and she laughs a little. "Somethings never change."

"What is that suppose to me?"

"It means, my dear Elphie, that you are as innocent now as you were then when we first did more than kiss."

"Meaning what?" Again she laughs, and takes my hand. "Elphie, I mean we spent some nights together in either your bed or mine, and we start out by just kissing and cuddling, and eventually we would work our way to doing it her things."

I narrow my eyes. "Things like what?" Glinda suddenly seemed a bit uncomfortable when I asked that. "W- well, I um, we would... we would get nak-" She stands and starts to pace a little. I watch her closely, and she finally sighs. "Oz Elphaba, why must I have to explain what we did?"

"Because right now I'm not sure what we did, and the more you beat around the bush the more lost I am. Now please just tell me already!"

"I can't just tell you!" She blurts out somewhat loudly.

"Well why not?"

"Because... because..." She turns and glares at me. "Well, people don't just go around telling what they did in bed with their partner! You just don't do that! It isn't proper!"