Odd Happenings

Dear Diary,

Dear Diary,

It has been a couple days since the incident with Glinda, and I have since then learned that she is the Upland's daughter. I feel bad about that had I known that than maybe it would have been different when I met her, but then again... I may not have. That bothers me because I still don't know why I reacted the way I did or how I got powers. I am afraid to ask, but chances are that even if I did ask they wouldn't tell me or worse yet they knew why I said what I did and reacted as I did. You know what, maybe I don't want to know.

I have also tried to summon whatever that power was I felt that day. So far though I haven't been able to. It us so odd, because it feels as if I should be able to grasp it without even thinking, but I can't. (Sighs and taps pen on desk for a couple seconds) Maybe there wasn't really anything and I just imagined it. Either way for the moment I am not going to try again, at least for a bit.

Something odd has happened since that day though. I have started having dreams. Maybe not dreams as much as feelings. I am not sure. I can't explain it, but I am a little scared. I want to say something, but I am not sure who to talk to about it. Do I tell the Upland's or the nurse? No, I will keep this to myself for now. Maybe someday I will tell someone, but not right now. I know I just contradicted myself but that's how it has to be right now. Who knows maybe I will figure them out myself.

One last bit of interesting and startling new before I close. I overheard Lady Upland and the nurse talking earlier saying Glinda went back to the Emerald City. Want to know something crazy? Glinda is actually none other than Glinda the Good! As in the ruler of Oz Glinda the Good! Oz, that makes me feel even worse! I hope she will forgive me, and I get the chance to apologize to her for what I said and did.

~E.M. Thropp

Shutting the diary I again put it in its place, and leave my room. I head towards the room where Mister and Misses Upland and the nurse are talking quietly. As I enter through room they look up and grow silent. "I... I just came out to grab a book and something to eat." I stammer quickly and go to the kitchen to find something to eat. It doesn't take me long to find some cracker, cheese and an apple. I also grab a glass of milk and hurry back to my room grabbing a book off the stake that was beside one of the chairs.

I have no idea why but Mister Upland makes me nervous, and he always seems to look as if I am some sort of criminal. He gives me that look as I reenter the living room from the kitchen when I briefly make eye contact. I drop my eyes and rush back to my room closing the door behind me.