Beginning to Realize

Dear Diary,

Dear Diary,

I finally decided to finally ask Glinda about the dreams I have been having. Okay not all the dreams, but one of them. I asked her about the one with Dr. Dillamond. The conversation we had was informative.

Want to know something surprising she told me? She told that at one time, in school many years ago, I was actually training to the be Wizard's Magic Grand Viser! Can you believe that me of all people as the Magic Grand Vizier, and apparently I even went so far as to have an interview with him! Glinda said though that I didn't get the position, but before I get to that I want to write down what she told me about that day I asked about in particular.

Glinda confirmed that what I saw in my dream, and then some. She told me that after what happened in Dr. Dillamond's class I joined him in some sort of project or research that we, err... I could present to the Wizard when I had my interview. I asked her if I had succeeded in talking to Wizard about the research we had done, and she said no. It's the oddest thing, after that Glinda seemed to claim up and not want to talk anymore about what happened. It was almost as if something had happened. Something she blames me for, and I am not entirely sure but I have feeling I know what it could be.

Sighing close my eyes recalling the dream from the other night. I replay it in my mind before I open my eyes and start writing again.

There is a dream I had the other night, and it maybe connected. It was so strange though because in one part of the dream I was telling Glinda I wasn't going back to Shiz with her after seeing the Wizard. It seemed I didn't want to be with her, and yet I wanted to be with her more than anything else! She begged me to let her come along, and every time I told her no. I thought I was protecting her. That if she stayed behind and watched out for Nessa for me that she and Nessa would be safe. That couldn't be the only reason she didn't want to talk anymore?

In my dream Fiyero had told me that Glinda had gotten married to someone, and she was quite wealthy. I felt happy for her, and she deserved that lifestyle as opposed to... to...

Huh? I scowl in thought. As opposed to what? I stand and begin to pace the room. Uncertain of how long I have pacing I am suddenly pulled from my thoughts as I hear the clock in the living room chime. Looking out the window I see it has gotten quite late. I sit back down and stare at my journal for a minute. Taking up my pen I continue my entry.

After taking a bit of time to think on what lifestyle I thought she would be opposed to I am uncertain per say, except that I feel that maybe I was afraid that if she followed me I wouldn't be able to protect her. I am not sure exactly what I felt she needed to be protected from, but I think I can safely say that whatever it was it had something to do with what happened at the meeting with the Wizard. I would ask Glinda, but I very sure that she won't speak to me about it again. Perhaps I will seek out Fiyero and see if he can tell me anything about my dreams. Maybe I will visit the main tomorrow, and ask Lady Upland if she knows how I can contact Fiyero, but for now I must get some sleep.

~E.M. Thropp

I put the journal away and then quickly prepare for bed. It isn't long after I lay down and shut the lights off that I am asleep.