Embracing Wicked

I pace my darkened room trying to wrap my head around the fact that according to what I saw and what Glinda told me I really was the Wicked Witch, but why? Because you chose to become what they wanted

I pace my darkened room trying to wrap my head around the fact that according to what I saw and what Glinda told me I really was the Wicked Witch, but why? Because you chose to become what they wanted. You chose to become me.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the audible voice. "Who said that?" I ask looking around the room. I did. I turn and look into the mirror and that is when I notice it is glowing a slight green color.

Moving closer my image comes into view, but at the same time it doesn't look like me. The image staring back at me is me, but I look different. There are a few gray streaks in the hair, a cruel smirk, and black eyes that seem to shift nervously now and then. She also looks power and dangerous. Wait! I don't have black eyes! "Who are you?" I demand saying to my reflection, and it cackles a little. I am you of course.

"No! You can't be me!" I about yell. She cackles again. Oh but I am deary. You see, I am the part of you that you don't want to accept. I am the part of you that is known to all as the Wicked Witch, but to you I was just the Witch. "If you are me then how are we having this conversation?" She gives me a wicked grins and cackles madly. I sigh rolling my eyes. "Forget it you're insane." Correction. YOU are insane. Without me you wouldn't have been able to keep going against the Wizard. It was me who made you see that made you accept your powers. Me who kept you on guard all those years to protect you.

I turn my back to the mirror as I listen to me, mean the Witch talk. I find myself growing more agitated at her each second. "Because of you the people wanted me dead!" They wanted you dead before you embraced me. "What do you mean?" I mean the Wizard and Madame Morrible had pegged you a traitor the moment you refused to help them and went flying off the handle that day you met the Wizard and he revealed his plans for Oz. "I remember that day." I say quietly turning back to the mirror and facing the Witch. "I still don't understand why I embraced you though."

She studies me a moment. I can show you if you would like. "Very well." I nod. "Then by all means do so." I will, but you must know this takes place after the death of Dr. Dillamond, Nessarose, and Fiyero. "I understand. Now show me!" I order, and she nods fading away.

An image of me comes into view, and I look terrible and for some reason I am screaming Fiyero's name. Then I notice that I have a large ancient book in front of me, and I'm frantically looking through it. Suddenly I stop, scan a page, and then with a final nod begin to chant, or more like sing, the words on the page.

"Eleka nahmen nahmen ah tum ah tum eleka nahmen! Eleka nahmen nahmen ah tum ah tum eleka nahmen!" I watch as my hands move with the chant as it rolls smoothly from my lips. "Let his flesh not be torn. Let his blood leave no stain.Though they beat him let him feel no pain." I watch mesmerized as I the words come out forceful and determined. "Let his bones never break, and however they try to destroy him, let him never die...Let him never die..." At this point I can hear the pleading in my voice.

"Eleka nahmen nahmen ah tum ah tum eleka nahmen. Eleka nahmen nahmen ah tum ah tum eleka: eleka:" I watch as in frustration I let out a growl and slam my fist down on the tome. I jump startled as I watch myself run a hand through my hair frustrated. "What good is this chanting? I don't even know what I'm reading!" I run a hand over the page. "I don't even know what trick I ought to try." In pure frustration I send slam the time shut and shove it off the pedestal it was on. "Fiyero, where are you?" I scream at the open window. "Already dead, or bleeding? One more disaster I can add to my generous supply?"

A look of disgust crosses my face as I turn from the window and storm across the room. "No good deed goes unpunished! No act of charity goes unresented! No good deed goes unpunished!" A look of determination crosses my face."That's my new creed! My road of good intentions led where such roads always lead! No good deed goes unpunished!"

I suddenly look sad. "Nessa." I see an image of Nessa briefly. "Doctor Dillamond." I say remembering how he and I worked together. I watch myself double over hugging myself on the verge of tears. "Fiyero." I hear myself say quietly, and then scream, "Fiyero!"