Processing

Dear Diary,

Dear Diary,

Today Glinda and I spent the entire day together. We went for a walk in the woods and had a picnic by the stream. It was lovely.

We got the chance to to talk more. She told me about how when we attended Shiz University we use to have picnics and hang out near the brook by there. She told me my sister was there as well with Nanny, along with a few guys. She started to tell me the names of them. There was Crope and Tibalt. Um, there was also someone named Averic. She said another friend was named Fiyero, and she told me that he died. I am not sure why, but when she told me he was dead I felt guilty. Almost like maybe it was my fault he was dead.

I close my eyes as the same feeling of guilt come over me. After a few moment the feeling passes and I continue writing.

Why do I feel guilty? I mean it wasn't like it was my fault he died. I mean I don't even remember him, and why would I want to kill him anyways if we had been friends... would I?

I scowl down at the pages and then sigh. Shaking my head to clear the horrible thought from my mind I continue.

Alright enough of dwelling on Fiyero. Glinda told me there was another person that hung out with us, except she couldn't remember his name. I had to laugh because she said his name was Biq, and it was the strangest thing but when she said that I immediately knew that she was talking about someone named Boq. I couldn't explain to her how I knew that, but I did. Maybe there is a part of me that is beginning to remember. I hope that is the case because not remembering things is really beginning to suck!

That wasn't all we talked about though. I asked her the question that has been on my mind since having that dream where we kissed. I asked her if we had been more than friends, and told her I was crazy for even asking. She told me I wasn't crazy at all, and when I asked her how she could think I wasn't she told me that we had been lovers at one time. Apparently we didn't always feel that way though. She said at one point we use to think we loathed each other, but we realized in the end it wasn't hate we felt but love. The way she said it though has me thinking that whatever it was we had didn't last, and that makes me wonder why? What came between us, if anything did? Was it a guy or maybe it just didn't work out.

I sigh and close my eyes for a few minute. I can feel a headache coming in and it feels like it is going to be a nasty one. Opening my eyes I finish off my writing.

Whatever it was that caused us to fall away from each other I may never know, but in the end it doesn't matter we are friends now, and that leads me to hope that it wasn't anything major. I must stop writing now as my head is beginning to pound.

~E.M. Thropp

Putting her journal way, closes the curtains to her room, lays down, turns out the light, and is soon asleep.