Prologue

Farhan looked up at the grand building of the Wilkerson Hotel. Thinking about how important these next few months were, his hands perspired. He walked into the lobby, which was as grand as the exterior. The vaulted ceiling held a particularly large crystal chandelier and all the furniture looked to have been imported from Europe or some other faraway land. Even if he saved up one year's salary he knew he couldn't afford to stay a night in an establishment as fancy as this.

The lobby of the hotel buzzed with reporters and elites as they prepared for the induction of the new CEO. Everyone wore expensive suits and dresses, and fussed with their hair or makeup as they waited for the doors to the event to open. Farhan had never been in the company of such elites.

He suddenly looked at this watch, it was already 3:15 pm and he was late. He opened his bag and took out the note.

When you arrive, go to Suite 1152.

He took a breath and took the nearest elevator, joined by a cluster of other guests. An old woman wearing five strands of pearls scowled at him when their eyes met. She leaned into the man next to her and whispered into his ear. They both began to chuckle. They soon got off on their floor.

"Assholes!" Farhan yelled just as the doors began to close. He could see the man turn to say something but the elevator doors closed in his face. Farhan scoffed. He hated those types of people the most, those that looked down on others.

When he made it to his floor, he walked over to Suite 1152. His heart pounded against his ribs. Before he could knock, the sound of yelling blasted from inside the suite..

"Where in the hell is she?!" He heard someone exclaim.

"Sir, she'll be here. She texted me saying she hit traffic, she'll be here."

Farhan gulped and knocked. The voices silenced and the door flew open.

"Finally-" a man said before his eyes fell upon Farhan.

"Can we help you?"

"Yes, I was told to come here?"

"We didn't order room service." The guy said, his brows furrowed. He attempted to close the door in Farhan's face, but he caught it and pushed his body in front of the frame.

"I'm Farhan, the rented fiance. I'm meeting Mr. Choi here? "

The guy's eyes widened in surprise. "What? No you're not." He began breathing heavily as the panic in his face peaked. "Are you serious? Wait, you can't be. Oh no..."

"Who's at the door?" Another man emerged. He wore an expensive black suit, tailored to amplify his very lean build. This man was beautiful. His slick hair and sharp jawline framed his face of sharp bright eyes, supple fertile lips and thick eyebrows. He stood inches above Farhan, making him and the man who answered the door look like ants in his presence. In any other situation, he would've totally been Farhan's type but Farhan could tell he was going to be an asshole.

The man's face turned up into a scowl as he laid eyes on Farhan.

"Who are you?" He asked in a demanding tone.

""Who are you?" Farhan snapped back. The man's eyebrow hitched.

"I believe I asked you first." He said crossing his long arms over his chest.

"And I believe I asked you second."

"Sir..." The guy who answered the door finally spoke. "He's... Farhan."

"Farhan? Am I supposed to know a Farhan?" The other man said.

"He's your... fiance."

The guy in the expensive suit eyes widened at this revelation.