Family Matters

Farhan and Sang Woo stood at the door as Sang Woo's father addressed the crowd. Farhan's hands perspired as he clung onto Sang Woo. They could hear the intermittent laughter as his father cracked a joke or two. Farhan looked up at Sang Woo. He looked confident. His eyes were locked on the door in front of them.

Farhan cleared his throat. Sang Woo looked down at him; his face twisted in confusion.

"You okay?" Sang Woo asked.

"Yeah, I was just getting my voice ready," Farhan lied. He was scared, more scared than he'd ever been in his life. This job was the biggest he'd ever taken. His reputation and money were on the line. He had to get his nerves under control as soon as possible.

Sang Woo turned his attention back to the door, which was now opening. They both stepped out. The room was filled with celebrities, businessmen and reporters. Their applause was loud, almost thunderous. Sang woo walked towards his father, who was standing beside the podium. They embraced, and his father took a seat next to some businessmen in his company.

Sang Woo stood at the podium with Farhan standing a few feet away.

With a deep breath, he began his speech. The flashes from cameras blinded Farhan as he looked out at the crowd. Sang Woo spoke with such fervor, one would assume he was curing world hunger. The people in the room listened contently, eyes trained on him.

"All of this could not be possible without this man right here," the words tore Farhan's eyes from the crowd towards Sang Woo, who was reaching out to him. He walked up to Sang Woo and took his hand. The room erupted in murmurs. Farhan could see the confused looks spread across the room.

"Who is he?" Someone finally yelled, most likely a reporter.

"This is..." Sang woo looked down at Farhan, "the person I am going to marry."

The room erupted in noise as reporters sprung up to ask questions. The volume made Farhan's ears ring. "How long have you been together?"

"How did you meet?"

"How did you propose?"

The voices started to meld together as they threw more and more questions at them.

A man stepped out towards the front of the stage. He wore a suit one would expect a bodyguard to wear. He placed his arms out to quiet the crowd, and they actually complied.

"Answers will be provided at a later time. If you would like to request an interview, please contact Mr. Lee." The room quieted down even more.

"Again, I would like to thank you for coming and sharing this joyous news with us. Enjoy the party."

Sang Woo grabbed Farhan's hand and walked off the stage. Sang Woo introduced Farhan to executives, celebrities, and even some of the country's wealthiest elites. If Farhan wasn't working, he would be handing his card out, as many of the people had dates that he knew were from some of his competitors.

Sang Woo looked ahead.

"You're going to meet my family. Beware of my sister, she's a fu..."

"Sang Woo!" Sang Woo's father called as they made their way in his general direction.

Sang Woo's father waved them over. He stood next to two women. One seemed to be around his age, and the other was younger.

"Sang Woo, darling, you look amazing!" The older woman said as she leaned in to give him a peck on the cheek.

"Thanks mom," he said as he embraced her.

Farhan perked up. This was the moment he'd been waiting for, winning over the mom. In his line of business, once the mom loved you, the hard part was already over. Sang Woo's mom looked over at him.

"And you?" She said directing her attention to Farhan. "Aren't you handsome?"

Farhan flipped his hair and batted his eyes prettily. "Why, thank you mom," he said as she embraced him in a hug.

Her face lit up. He had her.

"Mom? Oh, aren't you precious," she said smiling and pinching his cheeks. "You can call me mom, but my name is Bo Hye."

Farhan looked over at Sang Woo, who quickly rolled his eyes. He loved when people underestimated his charm. His nickname as a child wasn't Little Charmer for nothing. He returned his attention to Sang Woo's family.

"Oh, Farhan, where are our manners, this is our daughter Ji Hye," Bo Hye said motioning towards the young girl next to her. "She's Sang Woo's younger sister."

"Nice to meet you, Ji..." Farhan started before the girl leapt forward and embraced him tightly. She was smiling from ear to ear.

"Nice to meet you! I am so happy to meet you. I've always wanted a gay best friend." She exclaimed not letting Farhan go.

"What?!" Farhan exclaimed.

She pulled away.

"Ji Hye, don't scare him away," her mother said pulling her back to her place.

"Sorry about her, she's a little infatuated with gay... everything," Gong Bin said laughing.

"It's not gay everything, it's boys love. Much how Sang Woo loves Farhan," Ji Hye said staring off dreamily.

Sang Woo coughed. Farhan snarled at him. Everyone laughed.

"I see you're going to fit into this family just fine," Bo Hye said before taking a glass of champagne off the tray of one of the waiters.

Farhan chuckled.

What the hell kinda family did I get myself into, he thought.