Perplexed

Farhan stared at his phone, specifically the word Home.

"Hello?" He heard Myra say from the phone's speaker. Farhan placed the phone back to his ear.

"I have to go," Farhan disconnected the call.

He dialed Sang Woo's number; the call was picked up immediately.

"Yeah?" Sang Woo's deep voice resonated through the phone.

"How did you know?"

"It's not hard for me to get this information. As part of our contract to prevent any damages to myself or you I must prevent such dangers." Sang Woo's voice dripped with sarcasm.

"The contract ended; you didn't have to..."

"I did."

"Why?"

"I want to protect you."

Farhan's eyes widened. "Protect me?"

"Come back," Sang Woo's voice was pleading.

"I can't," Farhan said, barely above a whisper, "I don't have the confidence to see you again."

"Why? Did you think those few words broke me?"

Farhan disconnected the call and placed the phone in his pocket. The sky changed from light blue to a darkish grey. He could see storm clouds looming.

Shortly after the street was littered with rain drops. Pedestrians ran to take cover under nearby shop awnings, but Farhan continued walking. Though he hated the rain he found the cool wetness comforting. It enveloped him like a blanket and providing him cover as the rain and his tears melded together on his face.

His thoughts were blank. He was relieved the article had been taken care of but he was unsure of his relationship with Sang Woo. Could they pursue an actual relationship?

Farhan continued making his way through the scampering pedestrians. He walked through large puddles of water, soaking his pants and shoes. The horns of cars honking, and screeching tires were all Farhan heard before someone grabbed his arm tightly.

"Are you out of your damn mind? What are you doing? You're soaking wet!" He turned and looked into Sang Woo's angry face. The rain caused Sang Woo's hair to wilt against his forehead. He appeared much younger than usual.

"Let go," Farhan said attempting to free himself from Sang Woo's grip.

"Why are you out here like this? What's wrong with you?"

"I just want time to think, okay?" Farhan tried to break free again but with no luck.

Sang Woo pulled him towards the car. "Think in the car then," he said pushing Farhan in the passenger seat and closing the door.

Sang Woo sped off into traffic, warranting more honking.

He reached into the back seat and gave Farhan a towel. "Here, dry yourself off."

Farhan reluctantly brought the towel up to his face. It smelled like Sang Woo. The men rode in silence as Sang Woo drove aimlessly.

At a stop light Sang Woo broke the silence, "You done thinking?"

"I just..." Farhan began before he was interrupted by Sang Woo's cell phone. The radio read that it was an incoming call from his secretary.

Sang Woo sent the call to voicemail. "Continue." Sang Woo ordered.

"I need time to..." The phone rang again. Farhan stared at the caller ID again, it was Secretary Lee. "You should get that, seems important," he said.

Sang Woo huffed and picked up the call. "Hello? This better be important."

"Ms. Aman is here to see you and she's not happy." Secretary Lee's voice blared over the car's Bluetooth.

"Tell her to leave. M.P Group has no more business with her." The light turned green and Sang Woo sped off.

"Well we're trying to but she's refusing to leave without meeting with you." A faint commotion could be heard on Secretary Lee's end of the call.

"Have her ass dragged out of the building then," Sang Woo roared. His tone sent a chill down Farhan's spine. Farhan could see the agitation looming.

"Sir, I..." Secretary Lee's voice trailed off. "This incident is causing quite a commotion; I am not sure getting the authorities involved is the right move."

Sang Woo rolled his eyes and looked at Farhan for a moment. "I'll be right there." He ended the call and grunted.

"It's business, you can drop me off at me office."

Sang Woo's head dropped as if he were contemplating something. "I'll take you with me." He finally said.

Farhan gasped. "Sang Woo I don't need to go there, that's between you and Issa."

"It does involve you; she was going to spread the article about us, ruining your reputation."

"I still don't think this had anything to do with me, this is regarding your business..."

"But if I drop you off, I may not see you again," Sang Woo said. Farhan was stunned.

For a moment, Sang Woo's face appeared child-like, but his cold demeanor quickly returned.

"Sang Woo I wouldn't do that to you. I promise." Farhan looked sincere.

Sang Woo made a U-turn and began driving in the direction of his company. The heavy rain now left smaller raindrops on the windshield of his expensive sedan.

Farhan rolled his eyes.

"I need you there." Sang Woo murmured. He reached his hand over and laid it on Farhan's hand.

They rode in silence as Sang Woo's office building came into view. Farhan didn't know what to expect stepping foot in front of Issa Aman again, but he wanted to be there for Sang Woo, if only to protect him this time. 

Hey guys! Been a long time. Had a bunch of life happen over the last few months but I pushed this chapter out finally. Hope you enjoy!